This Page

has been moved to new address

i love the Wonder Wheel

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: i love the Wonder Wheel

Sunday, August 15, 2010

i love the Wonder Wheel


everytime i come to Coney Island, i must get on two rides: the Cyclone and the Wonder Wheel.  unfortunately, i don't have any pictures of us on the Cyclone, but it's probably best since it isn't the best ride to be bringing a camera with you.

on the wheel, we opted for the swinging car, as opposed to a stationary one (because where's the fun in that?).  i loved it.  jen?  not so much.  haha.

but for a ride that was built and premiered in 1920, it has an impeccable safety record.  it has only stopped once during the blackout of 1977.  and even then, employees were able to unload all the passengers safely by manually cranking the wheel.  just an interesting fact i thought i'd share!  and once the initial freak-out was over, this provided jen with some peace of mind...i think.

-jillian m.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At August 15, 2010 at 10:56 PM , Blogger Stevie said...

So fun! I love pretty much all rides and I've been on one similar to the wonder wheel. It scared me, but I loved it! I like that adrenaline rush :-)

 
At August 16, 2010 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Signe said...

naaw, your poor friend looks terrified!
hope you guys had fun :)

 
At August 16, 2010 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

In spite of her terror, we had an awesome time. Thanks!

 
At August 16, 2010 at 11:01 PM , Blogger jennifer said...

Haha. I was afraid at first, that wheel is scary!!!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home