This Page

has been moved to new address

diy "febreze" aka fabric refresher

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: diy "febreze" aka fabric refresher

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

diy "febreze" aka fabric refresher


Whenever an easy and inexpensive do-it-yourself project presents itself, I find it almost impossible to not bookmark it. And when it's something useful for everyday life, it's an instant must-try.

Like this recipe for "Febreze" fabric refresher. I use fabric and linen sprays quite often to freshen up sheets and curtains with that nice, freshly-laundered scent. But I try to keep the spritzing to a minimum, as it's almost shocking how you can go through one bottle so quickly. However, according to Fake-It-Frugal, the diy version will save you over $5. That's what I call a super deal.


You will need:
A clean, empty spray bottle
1/8 cup liquid fabric softener
1-2 teaspoons baking soda
Warm to hot tap water


Mix the fabric softener and baking soda. 
Pour into spray bottle.
Add the water and fill to the top.


Ready, set...spray!

 Just as good, if not better, than any store brand, in my opinion.

And for a greener, more natural option, try this simple tutorial (I'm trying it next time!).

-jillian m.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At November 29, 2011 at 7:13 AM , Blogger jkd said...

omg, have to try it!

 
At November 29, 2011 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Kyla said...

Oh what a neat tutorial! I love creative DIYs like this :)

 
At November 29, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

I love knowing how to make things like this myself! Thanks for sharing!

 
At November 29, 2011 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Megan said...

YES! I need to do this!

 
At November 29, 2011 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Saucy Siciliana said...

What a great idea, I can learn a lot from you. I am following you from Rome!

 
At November 29, 2011 at 12:50 PM , Anonymous Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Awesome! I go through bottles of it (especially in our old car that always smells a bit like a pond) so I will definitely be trying this! I wonder what the significance of the baking powder is?

 
At November 29, 2011 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

Meghan, I believe the baking soda is in it for it's deodorizing properties. I know it's used in a few laundry detergents as an active ingredient as well.

 
At November 29, 2011 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

I love these types of posts!! Cheap, easy and more natural--perfect!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 2:02 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

did it spray out blue? Just wondering :)

 
At November 30, 2011 at 4:24 AM , Blogger Kaleido Mind said...

very handy!!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 5:13 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

Ashley, not at all! I sprayed it on a white pillowcase and no blue appeared. Although, I did think about that and next time, I might use a tiny bit less softener, just to be on the safe side.

 
At November 30, 2011 at 2:45 PM , Anonymous kristina@beancakes ★ said...

jillian ~ i like yours better, a lot less chemicals and better for the environment indeed!!
xx ~ kristina

 
At November 30, 2011 at 11:07 PM , Anonymous Jamillah said...

LOVE LOVE the green option!!!

 
At December 2, 2011 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Rose Penelope said...

I love this idea!!! :) Thank you for sharing. I think I may gop "pin it" to my pinterest! :)

 
At December 4, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Thelma Frayne said...

Love this tip :)

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home