This Page

has been moved to new address

a quick fix for a crushed/broken powder eyeshadow

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: a quick fix for a crushed/broken powder eyeshadow

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

a quick fix for a crushed/broken powder eyeshadow

one of my favorite eyeshadows fell to the floor, leaving me with a broken, powdery mess.

other people in my shoes may have tossed it or even kept it in its new fractured form.  but i can't bear to trash a perfectly good eyeshadow, nor can i deal with the loose powder--it's just too messy.

so i salvaged the remainder of it using this tried and true technique:

1. break down the eyeshadow even more into tiny, fine pieces with a clean spoon.
2. using an eye-dropper, squirt a few drops of rubbing alcohol into the pan.
3. firmly press the shadow together with the back of the spoon.
4. allow to air-dry.


as shown above, it's not quite as good as new, mostly because i only applied very few drops of alcohol.  i'll probably repeat the steps just to harden up the corners a bit. but it's solid and useable and that's all you really need!  keep this tip in mind the next time your eyeshadow cracks.  it really works!

-jillian m.

p.s. for an alternative fix (and a little more time-consuming) that will get your eyeshadow looking new and smooth, click here.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At March 1, 2011 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Felicia said...

Ooo good tip. Thanks for sharing!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 7:46 AM , Blogger kaylah said...

Great tip! My poor eyeshadows are always breaking!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 10:13 AM , Blogger Radiant Make Up said...

I always use rbbing alcohol - saved so many broken shadows!! x

 
At March 1, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} said...

I am such a klutz--I stick to loose powder now! But I'll be keeping this fix in mind!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} said...

I am such a klutz--I stick to loose powder now! But I'll be keeping this fix in mind!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

look at you! great tip! ;)

MEGAN LAND
xx

 
At March 1, 2011 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Sophie said...

this is such a good idea! i love it! does it work for bronzer too? because i hate it when i smash my bronzer! i just found your blog and i love it. i am a new follower :) x

 
At March 1, 2011 at 8:35 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

thank you so much! and welcome! yes, you can use for non-mineral bronzers, blushes and compact powders.

 
At March 2, 2011 at 11:55 AM , Blogger rebecca said...

you are full of great tips lately girl!

 
At March 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

thank you! i plan to keep it coming ;)

 
At March 2, 2011 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Stone Chic said...

Great tip! I swear that seems to happen all the time to my shadows as well! New follower here! www.grantandbrookestone.blogspot.com
- Brooke

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home