This Page

has been moved to new address

asian food week

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: asian food week

Monday, April 18, 2011

asian food week

looking back at last week, i noticed a theme in my dinners.  wednesday was chinese food, thursday was sushi & dumplings and saturday night was spent devouring a thai feast.  i have a bit of a thing for asian food.

saturday, i celebrated my best friend tanya's birthday with dinner at the mini thai cafe.  it was definitely a stay-at-home kind of day-- it was pouring buckets!  but i'm really glad i made it out because we spent hours just laughing, drinking lots of sake, making up words to thai music and reminiscing about what dorks we were in high school.


i came upon a (very short) moment when it wasn't raining to snap a photo of this wet, dreary day.


cheers to the b-day lady!

hearty thai roti and 2 plates of soft, flaky curry puffs (not pictured).  we like our carbs.


 crispy duck and pineapple in tamarind sauce for me and pad see yue (flat noodle with broccoli and egg) for tanya.

 thai iced tea and hot sake are musts.
 
in our circle of friends, birthdays are usually a big celebration with tons of people, loud music and dancing.  but this year, keeping it understated was just what we needed.  something low-key, but just as much fun as any other birthday.  maybe this means we're getting old?  eeeek!

-jillian m.

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

At April 18, 2011 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Magdalena Viktoria said...

Love the shot of the wet, dreary day! Made me feel a bit nostalgic.
Low-key celebrations are the best sometimes.
xx

 
At April 18, 2011 at 8:33 AM , Blogger ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I love the pictures! Belated happy birthday to your friend. I heart asian food too, especially korean spicy food! yum yum. I hope you have a yummy week!

 
At April 18, 2011 at 10:32 AM , Blogger audrey marie said...

love your first photo - i find myself preferring low key gatherings lately too!

 
At April 18, 2011 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

This looks like fun. I actually celebrated with a friend last week too...sushi. Asian food fever must be going around!

 
At April 18, 2011 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Aquí said...

this all looks soo good!

 
At April 18, 2011 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

I love thai iced teas!!!! MMM!

 
At April 18, 2011 at 10:51 PM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

Mmmm, asian food is always so tasty... I love going out for sushi, and thai iced tea is so, so good!

Chic on the Cheap

 
At April 18, 2011 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Val said...

Sounds like my kind of fun....yum

 
At April 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM , Blogger LCR said...

sounds fun:) the food and drink look so yum! and the first photo is awesome. Happy Monday:)
xo
L

 
At April 19, 2011 at 3:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHUT UP!!! I was eating dinner down the street at 7a, lol. I've strolled by mini thai cafe, but am a bit of a super picky lady when it comes to thai food, so I always have a lot of trepidation when trying new thai. but maybe I'll give this place a go.

 
At April 19, 2011 at 8:35 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

ha, you're too funny, jamillah! it's truly a small world!

 
At April 20, 2011 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Michelle {lovely little things} said...

That meal looks incredible, you're making me hungry!

 
At April 26, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Anonymous Isabel said...

I love Thai food especially pad see yue! um! I actually tried making pad thai this weekend and it was a disaster. Do you cook a lot of thai food?

 
At April 26, 2011 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

i've never cooked thai food before! i think i'll give it a shot one day, but for now i'll get my thai fix at places where they know what they're doing!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home