This Page

has been moved to new address

bargain hunter: used books

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: bargain hunter: used books

Monday, December 6, 2010

bargain hunter: used books

city opera thrift shop has become one of my favorite places to shop for cheap books.  the first time i went, i picked up bridget jones' diary for only $1!  and since, every time i visit, i come out with some other cheap find that excites me. this time...pride and prejudice for $1.


i've seen the keira knightley version of the movie and loved it! figured it would be appropriate to pick up a copy of the book.  books are always better than the movies.


bob picked up a few books, too.  his total?  $4.

don't used books have so much character?  sometimes, i prefer old and used to new and shiny.

-jillian m.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At December 6, 2010 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Signe said...

Love used books! And I really should read P&P as well, like you I have only seen the movie!

 
At December 7, 2010 at 12:35 AM , Blogger Caroline said...

I love used bookshops!! I always find the best reads and great cookbooks. Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books!

 
At December 7, 2010 at 5:33 PM , Blogger BrigittaR said...

I agree, the older books just have a little more style yet a little less shine.

 
At December 7, 2010 at 6:23 PM , Blogger jennifer said...

I love the awakening!
I want to read Pride and Prejudice so I can read the zombie one.
I hated Emma.
:)

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home