This Page

has been moved to new address

baked kale chips

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: baked kale chips

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

baked kale chips


i've never had kale before.  but according to dr. oz, february's issue of real simple and eat this, not that, it's one of the healthiest foods around.  and since i'm slowly trying to incorporate healthier options into my diet, i figured i'd give it a try.


kale chips (recipe courtesy of real simple)


-kale
-olive oil
-sea salt


preheat oven to 300 degrees.  tear the kale into pieces, toss with olive oil and sea salt and place them flat on a baking sheet.  place in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.


interesting thing about kale chips--they come out very light and flaky.  almost like you're eating dried autumn leaves.  the olive oil and salt are the perfect touch.  a simple, salty and crunchy snack.

-jillian m.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At February 8, 2011 at 7:46 AM , Blogger the southern hostess said...

Kale chips are my latest obsession. These look so good!

 
At February 8, 2011 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Felicia said...

Mmm kale chips are so delicious. Thanks for reminding me!

 
At February 8, 2011 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I made these after watching an episode of Giada at Home. She made a refreshing lemon-mayo dip to accompany the kale chips, really delicious!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/potato-and-kale-chips-with-lemon-mayonnaise-recipe/index.html

 
At February 8, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Blogger theappletea said...

looks amazing! :) I didn't have them but yet but I definitely have to try it :)

P.S. I am hosting the very first CONTEST on the APPLE TEA, so if you like you can take part in it. It would mean the world to me. Please, visit here:
http://theappletea.blogspot.com/2011/02/contest-pick-header-for-appletea.html

 
At February 8, 2011 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Laken said...

Kale chips are one of my favorite things! I'm glad you tried them!

 
At February 8, 2011 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Janey R. said...

yum, I have to try these.. anything with olive oil & sea salt is instantly delish!

 
At February 8, 2011 at 11:59 AM , Blogger christine, just bella said...

My mom in law was just telling me about these! I've been wanting to try them out for a while, delicious AND healthy - score!

 
At February 8, 2011 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

I absolutely LOVE KALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At February 9, 2011 at 5:02 AM , Blogger Radiant Make Up said...

mmm these look yummy!! x

 
At February 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM , Blogger xx said...

i had kale salad at true foods and its so good! i always thought it was just garnish! but its yum

 
At February 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM , Blogger rebecca said...

i gotta say, i think i'll take your word for it. haha

 
At February 10, 2011 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Robert Tutton said...

I look forward to trying those!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home