This Page

has been moved to new address

these days are made for walking

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: these days are made for walking

Monday, March 7, 2011

these days are made for walking

it's fun to do and try new things.  but sometimes, it's just as fun to stick with what you know.

bob and i have done the whole "stop at levain bakery and walk to central park" bit (past post here), but it was such a gorgeous day for walking, that we decided to do it again.  and it was lovely.

my favorite is the dark chocolate chocolate chip.  gooey, warm, soft and oh-so chocolatey.  these are what dreams are made of.


every time we go through the park, we walk through  a new area we haven't yet explored.  this particular stretch is known as strawberry fields.  it's a quiet zone, meaning no loud music, bike-riding, etc.  it was this area that john lennon walked through, while on his way home on march 26, 1981.

spring is springing!


i love to people-watch.  we witnessed men in too-short shorts, a woman falling off her bike (yikes!), an elderly couple in a horse drawn carriage that smiled back at us, cartwheeling kids and cigar-smoking yuppies.

did you have a great weekend? 

-jillian m.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At March 7, 2011 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Brittany H. said...

That cookie looks divine! And where is the man in the shorts?? Sounds like a great afternoon.

X,
www.brittanyhavican.blogspot.com

 
At March 7, 2011 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

unfortunately, i didn't get the picture of the short-shorts guy. it's a shame because it was a sight to see, for sure!

 
At March 7, 2011 at 11:15 AM , Anonymous Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} said...

That cookie looks delicious! I treated myself to giant mint crinkles this weekend. Yum. Not much walking, but it was a lot of fun (can't really go wrong with bottles of wine and friends). Yours sounds really nice and relaxing though! Maybe next weekend.

 
At March 7, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

sharing wine with friends sounds perfect to me!

 
At March 7, 2011 at 11:49 AM , Blogger raveninthewolfden said...

I am a people watcher as well, not in a stalkerish kind of way, people fascinate me.

 
At March 7, 2011 at 3:08 PM , Blogger the chirpy bird said...

OMG! Dreams are right.... holy heck that ooey gooey choc chips goodness is making my mouth water!
Your pics of the park are gorgeous too :)
xx tash

 
At March 7, 2011 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Kaylia Payne said...

Thank you for the comment :) What a wonderful weekend!!! That cookie looks amazing. And I LOVE that the place was called 'strawberry fields', I would love to live in a place called that one day :)

 
At March 7, 2011 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

Heaven!!!

 
At March 7, 2011 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Heart Charlie said...

Oh my god!! That first photo is DELICIOUS!

 
At March 7, 2011 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess said...

The last couple times I've visited New York, I've tried to find Strawberry Fields (big Beatles fan over here), including last August while on a marathon training run, but I've never succeeded! And normally I'm pretty good with navigation. :-)

This weekend was not exactly relaxing, but it was still a GREAT weekend because we finished the kitchen!

Hope your week is off to a great start!

xoxo,
tanja

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home