This Page

has been moved to new address

the classic chocolate chip cookie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: the classic chocolate chip cookie

Thursday, April 28, 2011

the classic chocolate chip cookie


there are few things better and more comforting than a warm chocolate chip cookie made from scratch.  and i was reminded of this when i bit into the first cookie fresh from the oven.  heavenly, heavenly, heavenly...

the classic chocolate chip cookie (adapted from smitten kitchen, but with my own modifications)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips (or chunks)

preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
sift the flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.  set aside.
using a medium bowl, mix the sugars and softened butter until completely blended.
add the eggs and vanilla to the sugar-butter mixture. mix until blended.
add in the sifted ingredients until blended and doughy.
add in chocolate chips (i used my hands for this.  clean, of course!)
scoop up teaspoon to tablespoon-sized cookies and place them on parchment or foil,  evenly spaced.
should take about 10-15 minutes, depending on size.
when done baking, allow cookies to cool for a few minutes.


must have a cookie dough fix before they go in the oven!

ready for baking...
 

and now ready for eating.

i baked these for easter and they were a hit!  cakes and cupcakes were in abundance and my cookies were gone by the end of the night.  what can i say?  the classics always prevail.

-jillian m.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At April 28, 2011 at 8:49 AM , Blogger little luxury list said...

These look gorgeous and scrumptious! I'd love to try your recipe some time!

p.s. I love Target too - they have really great collaborations with designers!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

 
At April 28, 2011 at 9:46 AM , Blogger sensiblyluxe said...

These look delicious. I have a tried and true chocolate chip recipe that everyone loves but will give this a try. Who knows? It may even be better!

 
At April 28, 2011 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

These look great! And the pics turned out great. I love a good foodie pic. It's my favorite part of blog stalking. :)

 
At April 28, 2011 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Anait said...

Mmmmmmm these look scrumptious! Maybe I will bake myself a batch early tomorrow morning to munch on whilst I watch the royal wedding :)

 
At April 28, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Janey R. said...

mmmm... these were SOOO good... i should've snuck a few "to go" before I left! i WILL be trying this recipe. =)

 
At April 28, 2011 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Aquí said...

ahh I need one!!! can you zap me some via email? I may have to go make some right now :)

 
At April 28, 2011 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Lynzy said...

These look like the most perfect choc o chip cookies I have ever seen... YUM!

xo Lynzy
http://sparklingfootsteps.blogspot.com

 
At April 28, 2011 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Brittany H. said...

Oh man, I love to eat these half-baked. Nom nom nom nom

Kiss!
You Are My Favorite

 
At April 28, 2011 at 8:07 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

Oooh, cookies! I'm a sucker for the Guittard recipe with big milk chocolate chips-yum!

 
At April 28, 2011 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Kaylia Payne said...

I LOVE baking chocolate chip cookies!! Eating the dough is the best part :)

 
At April 30, 2011 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Euniece Santiago said...

oh these are so adorable and look so warm chewy and DELISH! they are the perfect size too, so you dont have to feel bad about having more than one!

 
At May 3, 2011 at 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look delicious! great photos.

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home