This Page

has been moved to new address

adventures in weekending: german lunch, wanderlust and bags of groceries

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: adventures in weekending: german lunch, wanderlust and bags of groceries

Monday, June 27, 2011

adventures in weekending: german lunch, wanderlust and bags of groceries

It was one of those low-key weekends that pretty much consisted of errands, cheap lunches, watching movies and having Bob continuously tease me about how I fell down the stairs on Friday night (ha!).  And as usual, I set a list of goals that I wanted to complete (or even, start) by the weekend, but that just didn't happen.  I was too busy doing nothing.  I don't feel too bad about it, though.  Playtime is a weekend necessity, especially when you're working all week.



My first experience with German food was a pleasant surprise.  Sometimes, I'm hesitant to venture out of my comfort zone (what can I say? I know what I like), but I'm so glad I did because it was delicious and packed with flavor.  We shared a sizeable portion of Jagerschnitzel with homefried potatoes and sweet-tarty red cabbage (my favorite part of the meal) at Manor Oktoberfest in Queens.

And a Franziskaner Weissbier for Bob.

Stopping at Borders for a book break.  I spent the entire time in the travel section deciding on what book to buy (Europe for Dummies or Spain: Spend Less, See More?).  I'm already excited to start planning a Euro trip for 2012!  My heart skips a beat just thinking about it.

I actually like shopping for groceries (I'm not the only one, right?).  Finding ingredients that I've been searching for for months (whole-wheat four, finally!) is immensely gratifying.

Curling up on the couch with pizza and movies is just about as "Saturday night" as anyone can get.  And for the record, aside from the stunning visuals and action, Sucker Punch was a disappointment.  Womp womp.

How was the weekend for you?

-jillian m.

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

At June 27, 2011 at 7:14 AM , Blogger Ana Degenaar said...

Oh my golly! I need that German lunch ASAP!

P.S. We are giving away 2 books from Studio Violet. Stop By! :)

 
At June 27, 2011 at 8:18 AM , Anonymous Pink Ronnie said...

You know, I've never had German food before either! Oh Borders... our local one has closed down - it was where my husband and I used to go for dates, even after we were married. Brings back sweet memories!
Ronnie xo

 
At June 27, 2011 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Alys said...

That pizza looks really good :D

Glad to know I'm not the only one slightly befuddled by twitter, what are you called on it?

 
At June 27, 2011 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like a nice relaxing weekend.
i could gobble up that schnitzel.

i'm excited for you about your trip. i always love buying the travel books in anticipation.

 
At June 27, 2011 at 11:38 AM , Blogger rebecca said...

i love weekend grocery shopping too. glad i'm not the only one. it's so satisfying.

 
At June 27, 2011 at 11:49 AM , Blogger colleen said...

we also did pizza and a movie, on saturday, and it was perfect. always is!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Mikelle Jade said...

oh yum. looking at these pictures seriously made my stomach grumble :)

 
At June 27, 2011 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Bad Joan said...

Everything looks so delicious - Especially that pizza!

http://blog.badjoan.com/

 
At June 27, 2011 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Aquí said...

I'm always so jealous of your weekends! Looks like you ate well! Yum!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Sam W. said...

mmm, great eats! sounds like a lovely weekend.

 
At June 27, 2011 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

That pizza looks perfect!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

Ronnie - We love to do that too! I can spend hours in that place!

A - I'll definitely try to find you on Twitter (if I can figure it out).

 
At June 27, 2011 at 10:01 PM , Blogger Anait said...

Mmmmmmmm pizza. and that german food looks delicious, too. My weekend was relaxing...i went kanoeing (sp??) on the lake, and then spent the rest of the weekend playing board games and watching movies...sometime you just need to ignore the to-do list!

 
At June 28, 2011 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Natasha Contreras said...

I LOVE grocery shopping! Yay for foodie love! Btw, pizza and movies on a Saturday night is one helluva party.

Awesome blog. Follow each other?

inlovewithsandiego.blogspot.com

 
At June 28, 2011 at 4:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I've been there!!! That is good exposure to German food...there is also a good place in LES, I can't remember the name now, but it's delicious.

You should totally invest in monster tote bags. I have not taken a plastic bag home in eons b/c of them and they are much easier to haul.

 
At June 28, 2011 at 11:08 PM , Blogger April said...

Suckerpunch was suuuuuch a disappointment!!! :( But that pizza looks yummy. ;)

 
At June 28, 2011 at 11:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yummy! The Beer and the Pizza! OH That sounds soo good! I did the same with curling up and movies ... we watched The Switch with Jennifer Aniston! It was cute.

 
At June 29, 2011 at 4:55 PM , Anonymous Erin Lian said...

German food looks so good! Glad you had a lovely play time weekend :D
<3

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home