This Page

has been moved to new address

avocado quesadillas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: avocado quesadillas

Thursday, June 16, 2011

avocado quesadillas


I've been hearing a lot about the go-to recipe lately.  You know, that recipe you turn to when you're short on patience?  Mine was a grilled cheese (I tend to gravitate towards meatless dishes).  I almost always have cheese, bread and butter in the house so it seemed natural to go the grilled cheese route. 

But there's a new go-to in town and its name is avocado quesadilla.  I swear I had no idea that quesadillas were so easy or else I would have been making them a long time ago!  The total time including prep and cooking was about 10 minutes.



Avocado quesadillas (based on the recipe from Big Girls Small Kitchen)
serves 1
*I doubled up on almost all the ingredients because I prefer my quesadillas more stuffed.

1 avocado
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon butter
1 whole-wheat tortilla
1/4 - 1/2 cup grated white cheddar



Mash the avocado with the lemon juice and the salt.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. 
Lay the tortilla down and sprinkle the cheddar across the surface. 
Cook until the cheese is melted and the bottom of the tortilla is deeply golden. 
Quickly spread the avocado mixture across one half of the tortilla. 
Turn off the heat and fold the tortilla in half, pressing down so the melted cheese glues it together.
Cut into wedges and serve.


You will most likely have some leftover smashed avocado, in which case you can eat as is (like I did) or  you can use that little bit as a substitution for mayo in sandwhiches, a spread for your breakfast toast (just add some olive oil and chili flakes) or a mini chips 'n guac snack.

-jillian m.

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

At June 16, 2011 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Signe said...

Oh juy, these look amazing :)
Happy Thursday!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 7:36 AM , Blogger the southern hostess said...

I think I could eat these every day. Yum!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Magdalena Viktoria said...

This is pure deliciousness. Thanks for sharing.

 
At June 16, 2011 at 7:57 AM , Blogger ChinkyGirLMeL said...

bookmarked this page. I will try this soon. thanks for sharing. Have a yummy day!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 8:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am DEFINITELY going to try this!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Ana Degenaar said...

Oh, no! Wait I haven't had breakfast again! This is killing me!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 9:36 AM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

This sounds so good! My husband loves avocados and I always need more of those quick go-to recipes :)

 
At June 16, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

Holy yum! You married together my two favorite things in life. Why didn't I think of this. *smacks head with open palm*

 
At June 16, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

that looks delicious must try it at the weekend xxxx

 
At June 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM , Anonymous classiq said...

I must try this recipe. It looks delicious. :)Ada

 
At June 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Aquí said...

I have tortillas, cheese AND avocado in the fridge! These will be made today!!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 4:16 PM , Blogger cailen ascher said...

i tend to opt for meatless options too...and this quesadilla looks mighty tasty! yum!

 
At June 17, 2011 at 12:05 AM , Blogger Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

This looks beyond delicious!! Maybe I've got a new go to recipe as well ;)

 
At June 17, 2011 at 1:42 AM , Blogger Hi! I am LiLi! said...

oh no! I am hungry and the time is 1:40am already. darn! you're current post is food. the next is food again.
:)

xoxo
Thinking Out Loud

 
At June 17, 2011 at 3:09 AM , Blogger Jamie-Lee Burns said...

oh my goodness, these sound and look so delicious!

 
At June 20, 2011 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Janey R. said...

oh man, i could seriously eat an avocado a day...avocado quesadillas are the best & funny that you posted this because i've been on a serious avocado kick lately! avocado with my omelets, avocado in sandwiches (both sliced & as an alternative to mayo, YUM), avocado with tortillas of course, avocado as a side dish w/ dinner...so versatile & so yummy. i could go on & on...... haha..

 
At June 20, 2011 at 11:10 PM , Anonymous Jamillah said...

Yuuuuuuuuuuum. I mean how could I not love avocado and cheese?! Thanks for sharing this super simple recipe...totally within my desired cook time.

 
At June 21, 2011 at 10:33 PM , Blogger hellotampon said...

This looks soooo good!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Oh my goodness, this looks delicious! I looove avocado/guacamole, I can't believe I never thought to put it together as a quesadilla! Delish!

 
At June 22, 2011 at 12:24 AM , Blogger augustalolita said...

wow this looks delicious and definitely a change from a regular quesadilla!!

 
At June 24, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh they look very yummie to me!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home