This Page

has been moved to new address

french food at home

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: french food at home

Thursday, April 5, 2012

french food at home

Lately I've been taking a cue from Laura Calder's cooking show, French Food at Home. At present, it's my favorite show - the recipes are uncomplicated and the end result always looks so appealing, yet realistic. And Calder has such a quiet confidence and charm about her that I could just watch her scramble an egg and it would look as if she made a grand meal.

I've been experimenting with a few of her recipes and not one has yet to disappoint.


A savory French toast made with herbs de Provence.


A tumble of green vegetables with shallot (the splash of fresh lemon juice adds a wonderful bright taste) and a surprisingly hearty potato and bacon fritatta.
Check out some of her other recipes here, but I highly recommend watching the show if you have the Cooking Channel.  Yes, she cooks with a lot of butter, as the French tend to do, but just pour yourself a glass of red to counteract the cholesterol - that's what I keep telling myself, anyway.


Photobucket






p.s. I can also vouch for her creamy pea soup, which is perfect for a light spring lunch (I added a little more water and cream than called for to give it a more soupy consistency. And no straining necessary).

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At April 5, 2012 at 7:28 AM , Blogger colleen said...

these look amazing. thanks for passing it along/the info about the show!

 
At April 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM , Blogger SreeBindu said...

french cooking is very fresh and fascinating =)
xoxo
http://sreebindu.blogspot.in/

 
At April 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM , Blogger SreeBindu said...

some how enjoy french cooking :)

 
At April 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Gloria said...

I love cooking shows, but I've never watched this one for some reason. Will have to check it out!

 
At April 5, 2012 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Natalie said...

YUM! this makes me want to move to France asap!

 
At April 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

Yum, this is looking incredible!!!! I love mushrooms and egg dishes. What fun!
Also, taking pictures of food can be complicated. Nice work :)

 
At April 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

You always make me so hungry!!!! Ahh! I want that french toast!!!

 
At April 5, 2012 at 7:04 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

Dear God, those savory french toasts look amazing–YUM!

 
At April 7, 2012 at 3:02 AM , Blogger Halley said...

YUM! Good ones.

 
At April 9, 2012 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Ronnie said...

Potato and bacon frittata sounds and looks amazing! Want those mushrooms too. :)
I have to say, that French food is the one cuisine that we've never attempted at home.
Do you think it's easy to do if you've never done it before?
Ronnie xo

 
At April 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Wow that all looks so amazing...

 
At April 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM , Anonymous Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Just saw the frittata recipe on Colleen's blog and had to pop in and say I am definitely going to give it a go! Yum!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home