This Page

has been moved to new address

adventures in weekending: nap time

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: adventures in weekending: nap time

Monday, April 2, 2012

adventures in weekending: nap time

One visit to the parents, quite a few shopping stops, a birthday spent with a friend, a very late night (followed by an early morning wake-up call), and two large loads of laundry later, my body had had enough.

Sunday afternoon, after Bob made me a delicious savory French toast brunch, I snuggled under two quilts and closed my eyes. For a few moments, I thought the noise from a construction site a few houses away  would keep me awake. But eventually, as tired bodies do, I melted into the bed and dozed off.

When I woke up, the bedroom was lit with gentlest day light - it was the most luxurious moment of my weekend. Even more so than the French toast.

Catnaps...they really are exquisite, aren't they?

Photobucket

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At April 2, 2012 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i'm utterly envious that you are able to have them.... i'll live my naps vicariously through you.

 
At April 2, 2012 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

Oh trust me, Monica, they are very far and few in between!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 10:42 AM , Blogger colleen said...

um yes they are the best. I take one pretty much every weekend. always the right choice.

 
At April 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

Naps were also my best friend this weekend, as I've been sick!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

Oh that nap sounds so divine. Last week at work was crazy, then We had a super busy weekend traveling, and I feel like I need a nap like that today. Glad you had a good weekend!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 4:08 PM , Anonymous Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Oh gosh Jillian, that sounds blissful! I can't remember the last time I relaxed long enough on the sofa on a Sunday to take a nap! Can you plan a nap (because I'm already trying to fit one in this weekend)!?

 
At April 2, 2012 at 11:20 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

A catnap sounds like heaven–even now! Maybe I should just get to bed...

 
At April 9, 2012 at 1:24 PM , Blogger Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) said...

I am a huge proponent of naps and take one most weekend days - but I go all out: contacts out, face washed, into pjs and under the covers. My naps are probably longer than some people's idea of a night's sleep.

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home