This Page

has been moved to new address

luggage as decoration

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: luggage as decoration

Thursday, June 28, 2012

luggage as decoration

Every day, I pass this antique store with the most charming merchandise - tin stools, library catalogs, beaten-up couches and other random treasures. Just recently, I saw a beautiful pair of vintage suitcases. The way the two were stacked on top of each other reminded me of an image I pinned a while back. In the photo, the old suitcases are used as a nightstand - I loved the idea of using them as a decorative piece. So I bought 'em!

I'm happy to have these, not only for the old-fashioned flair they give to the living room, but for using as a holder for random things that I'd like out keep out of sight (i.e., extra linens and things). I get really excited for dual purpose items.



Photobucket

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At June 28, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Jane said...

I really like the look of old trunks, and that they're functional too - these are lovely!

 
At June 28, 2012 at 8:48 AM , Blogger rooth said...

I've seen it in photos but never in action. Let me know how you like it. I'm currently looking for a nightstand and am open to different options

 
At June 28, 2012 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Nat said...

Such a great idea :-)

 
At June 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Shoko said...

These are beautiful! Great find. I could use a few myself - the clutter situation's getting a little out of control over here!

 
At June 28, 2012 at 10:33 AM , Anonymous Gloria said...

I love the idea of using them as a nightstand or side table - very cute!

 
At June 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I want some too!! i've been looking for some to use as nightstands, because I think the look is so cool/classic. Great find!

 
At June 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Ginny said...

i "inherited" an old suitcase from my grandma. i use it to store our linen and pillow covers in the bedroom. probably i´m gonna repaint it and use it as a coffee table instead. :-)

 
At June 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

That sounds like a great idea. If I had room for a coffee table, I'd do that too.

 
At June 28, 2012 at 5:08 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

They're beautiful–such a gorgeous addition!

 
At June 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM , Blogger colleen said...

i have loved this idea and plan on using it in the future. i think it would be fun to put into a guestroom or use as a night stand in a guestroom. love the ones you got!

 
At July 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

luggage as a nightstand...I love that idea!! Especially because I adore traveling!

 
At July 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Sunday Morning Simplicity said...

I have a stack of old suitcases I've found while thrifting. They're wonderful, but I have found they become addicting to buy.

http://sundaymorningsimplicity.com

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home