This Page

has been moved to new address

last days of summer: a view from the bridge

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: last days of summer: a view from the bridge

Monday, August 30, 2010

last days of summer: a view from the bridge





jen told me she wanted to walk the Brooklyn Bridge.  so we made a date.

on the train there, some dude with his bongos came on and started berating all the passengers because no one was paying attention to him play ("your character sucks!").  welcome to New York, guy.

we stopped for toasted sandwiches and drinks and then trekked along.  in hindsight, walking the bridge in sixty degree weather, as opposed to eighty degrees (and very sunny) probably would have been ideal.  the day was gorgeous and breezy, but it felt like we were a thousand miles closer to the sun (therefore, hot hot hot!).   but nothing comes close to this feeling of being higher.  and definitely nothing comes close to this view.

-jillian m.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At August 30, 2010 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Signe said...

Looks like a nice way to spend the day :)

 
At August 30, 2010 at 10:02 AM , Blogger LOVE DOVE said...

What fantastic pictures of the bridge! I have visited New York, but didn't get a chance to walk over the Brooklyn Brigde....there's always next time I suppose.... ;)

 
At August 30, 2010 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love NY so much... everything about it is so romantic. Walking the Brooklyn Bridge and toasted sandwiches sound like absolute bliss.

 
At August 30, 2010 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Robert Tutton said...

love the last pic... i walked over the williamsburg, not nearly as scenic...

 
At August 30, 2010 at 7:35 PM , Blogger donna said...

I also love the last picture. Maybe amateur photography is in your future too.

 
At August 31, 2010 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Janey R. said...

ahh, there's nothing like walking over the Brooklyn Bridge on a sunny day! love it! =)

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home