This Page

has been moved to new address

cool banana milkshake

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: cool banana milkshake

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

cool banana milkshake

you know what i found out?  overripe bananas don't have to be thrown out.  apparently, everyone but me knew this.


no worries.  better to find out later than never, right?

since i only had one overripe banana and limited ingredients, i needed something simple.  after much googling, i found a few banana  milkshake recipes.  but i ended up just using those as bases for my own single-serving banana milkshake creation.  here it is:

cool banana milkshake:
1 overripe banana (frozen and cut into chunks)
1 cup of milk (i used 1%)
2-3 ice cubes
1 tablespoon of vanilla yogurt
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
sprinkle of cinnamon (optional, but recommended)

combine and blend all ingredients.  pour in a cup.  sprinkle extra cinnamon on top.




i honestly didn't expect this to be as delicious as it was.  the ice cubes and frozen banana gave this a much-needed icy-ness that made it light and oh-so refreshing.  and the cinnamon was a perfect last-minute touch of unexpected flavor.  it was heavenly.

-jillian m.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At March 15, 2011 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Brittany H. said...

Girl this looks so delicious! I make one similar, but I put nutmeg on top along with the cinnamon. It's something I do a lot in the summer. Thanks for reminding me of the good stuff.

Happy Day!
Muah!

 
At March 15, 2011 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Felicia said...

mmm sounds good! if you don't blend it for too long, you can make frozen banana ice cream! http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/tips-techniques/stepbystep-instructions-for-oneingredient-ice-cream-097170

 
At March 15, 2011 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

thanks so much for the advice, ladies!

 
At March 15, 2011 at 10:14 AM , Blogger A "cheery" disposition said...

I have heard so many good things about a banana milkshake this weekend... hmm might have to try it.

 
At March 15, 2011 at 11:10 AM , Anonymous Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} said...

I love banana milkshakes! Unfortunately, I do not have a blender. Will have to save this for when I do.

 
At March 15, 2011 at 12:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious! I usually use overripe bananas to make banana bread, but I'm really excited to try this recipe.

 
At March 15, 2011 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Radiant Make Up said...

I'm definately going to try this - it looks yummy :)
Great recipe!! x

 
At March 15, 2011 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

I LOVEE banana milkshakes! I make mine with rice or almond milk :)

 
At March 15, 2011 at 9:09 PM , Blogger Tiq said...

hi !! found your blog through Kaylia.

Wow..i would definitely try this. Looks yummehhhhh !!!

Thanks for sharing.

Nice blog you have here. Very neat !

 
At March 15, 2011 at 11:53 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

Oh, overripe bananas, how delicious you are! This sounds amazing!

 
At March 16, 2011 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

Oh my gosh. I have to try this. I'm trying to drink shakes in the morning and this looks so good.

 
At March 16, 2011 at 4:20 PM , Blogger kitten roar said...

this sounds so delicious. i just got a blender not too long ago, so i've been looking for good milkshake/smoothie ideas. over ripe bananas are also awesome for banana bread :)

 
At March 18, 2011 at 4:45 PM , Blogger christine, just bella said...

Woah, this sounds seriously delicious. I've been on a major fruit kick lately so this is perfect!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home