This Page

has been moved to new address

fleas and food

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: fleas and food

Monday, March 14, 2011

fleas and food

wow...that is the most unsavory title ever.  but, moving on...


my new favorite place to be?  the hell's kitchen flea market.

i loved the collection of completely random and unique things you wouldn't find anywhere else.  can you guess which piece i desperately wanted to take home with me?

 i'll give you a hint: it's reeeeally cool.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
if you guessed the burt reynolds-ish body form, then you'd be right on!  i would have liked to use it for hanging my scarves and necklaces on, but something about lugging this thing around all day (in addition to my heavy camera) was just exhausting to think about (and it conjured up funny images in my head of weekend at bernie's).

afterwards, me and bob went to whym (a new favorite restaurant of ours), where the service and food were just so on point.  their extensive choice of fresh juices are enough to keep me from ever ordering an alcoholic beverage there.  but the food was the real star: juicy pulled duck sliders, the most tender berkshire tenderloin, bosc pear and creamy brie quesadillas, crispy-on-top potato gratin and avocado-ginger salsa rocked our worlds.  we will be coming back.


 -jillian m.

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

At March 14, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Anonymous In Pursuit of Style said...

I've been wanting to try out Whym - that dessert looks scrumptious (not good for my diet though...) - and I must try that flea market; I recently visited Brooklyn Flea and looooved it.

In Pursuit of Style

 
At March 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Jen HaHA said...

I never would have guessed the fom, but I'm still getting to know you/your blog. Every time I see outdoor NY flea markets on TV or in the movies, I want to go! I always think they're so cool! I forget that when I was younger, my mom and I would go to the local drive-in to sell stuff. I guess since we weren't shopping the stalls I never put the two together.
Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

 
At March 14, 2011 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Brittany H. said...

Girl, I am an avid thrift shopper and this looks amazing to me! I'd have to take out a loan and rent a U-haul.

PS- I hope you got that statue. he looks like he needs a few scarves draped over him.

Happy Monday to you!
X,
www.brittanyhavican.blogspot.com

 
At March 14, 2011 at 9:54 AM , Blogger fashioneggpplant said...

love this post! great blog :)

last day of my StiLa giveaway, join now:
http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com

 
At March 14, 2011 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Felicia said...

oo i wish i had a flea market nearby! and that last photo of dessert makes me drool.

 
At March 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM , Anonymous Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} said...

Loved all those old camera bits! I have a friend who collects that type of thing. She would be so jealous!

 
At March 14, 2011 at 3:01 PM , Anonymous Justine @ Urban Scarlet said...

ooo, i love flea markets! where exactly is this located at?

 
At March 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

this one is on 39th st. and 9th ave. one block away from the port authority.

 
At March 14, 2011 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Heart Charlie said...

Ok, next weekend I am basically going to steal your ideas! haha, I have never been to the hell's kitchen flea market but it looks awesome! I can't wait to check it out, as well as whym! Yummy!!

 
At March 14, 2011 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Kaylia Payne said...

It looks great! They are some amazing finds :)

 
At March 14, 2011 at 8:16 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

My stomach is growling after all those delicious looking eats-yum! Glad you guys had such a great weekend!

 
At March 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

That flea market looks so fun. I haven't been to one in ages. Oh...that food is making me hungry!!

 
At March 14, 2011 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Anait said...

I absolutely love flea markets, but its been so long since I've been to one! I love anything old and unusual

As for the food....*drool*

 
At March 15, 2011 at 12:34 AM , Blogger Caroline said...

That meal sounds heavenly!!!! I think we would get along SO WELL!! XO!

 
At March 15, 2011 at 1:05 AM , Anonymous rachel said...

ooh, yum. that dessert looks amazing!

 
At March 15, 2011 at 3:15 PM , Anonymous Gloria said...

the body form is so hilarious :-) i always go to the brooklyn flea, but i'll have to check this one out sometime!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home