This Page

has been moved to new address

sparkling strawberry lemonade

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: sparkling strawberry lemonade

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

sparkling strawberry lemonade


I have yet to come across a person that doesn't love lemonade.  And the awesome thing about it is that almost anything goes.  Add cucumbers and mint and you have a refreshing cucumber mint lemonade.  Or throw in a few blueberries to make a yummy blueberry lemonade.  What about a honey lavender lemonade? I'll take it.

Originally, I had wanted to make a strawberry cake but I didn't have time for baking.  Or rather, I just didn't feel like it.  Emeril Lagasse's strawberry lemonade to the rescue!




Strawberry Lemonade (based on Emeril's recipe)


4 cups of water
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 tsp - 1 tbsp of lemon zest
2 cups of fresh lemon juice (I used 1 cup of fresh lemon juice and 1 cup of bottled lemon juice)
2 pints of fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
4 cups of seltzer
Ice
Whole strawberries for garnish

In a medium saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves.
Add lemon juice and zest.  Stir.
Remove from heat.  Let cool.  Strain into pitcher.
Puree the strawberries in a blender.  Add to pitcher with lemon juice.  Stir.
Add seltzer.  Stir.
Refrigerate or pour over glasses filled with ice.  Garnish with strawberries.




My sis enjoyed the photo shoot sample.

Aren't summertime drinks the best?  As much as I love hot cocoas and ciders, there's nothing like an icy strawberry lemonade to go with your barbecue grub.  Soooo good.

-jillian m.

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

At June 1, 2011 at 10:21 AM , Blogger amy b.s. said...

this sounds amazing and that photo with the lemon is awesome.

 
At June 1, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

Yummy! That looks so good! Perfect for a summers day x

myheartstumbles.blogspot.com

 
At June 1, 2011 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Radiant Make Up said...

Definately going to be trying this out :)
sounds so good!! x

 
At June 1, 2011 at 1:40 PM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

Those photos are amazing, sweetie and I could totally have a sip of that delicious lemonade right now!

Ps: I’m hosting a beautiful stationary GIVEAWAY today! I bet you will love it!!!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 2:05 PM , Anonymous Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

I have a friend that doesn't like lemonade. I know, weird! This looks delish!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 3:46 PM , Blogger rebecca said...

i never make summer drinks except smoothies. time to change that cause this looks delish. love the nail color too.

 
At June 1, 2011 at 4:10 PM , Blogger Sam W. said...

major yum! i love strawberry anything.

 
At June 1, 2011 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Aquí said...

this looks heavenly! The seltzer water seems like it adds an extra refreshing kick to the already mouthwatering drink!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 6:35 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

This sounds absolutely AMAZING! I'll take one right this minute!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

Lemonade is hands down my favorite summer drink! It is so refreshing and brings me back to childhood.

 
At June 1, 2011 at 8:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i usually don't like lemonade, but this right here could win me over!

 
At June 2, 2011 at 10:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

True story!!! Ice cold summer drinks feel so good :).

This looks delicious!!! Bookmarking! Thanks Jillian.

 
At June 2, 2011 at 11:14 AM , Blogger Regan said...

Sounds amazing!
Your blog is gorgeous, following now. :)

 
At June 2, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Blogger  birdie to be said...

Yum! Looks so good & refreshing!

 
At June 2, 2011 at 3:22 PM , Blogger ♥ mommy author ♥ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At June 2, 2011 at 3:51 PM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

I've been wanting to try his strawberry lemonade recipe! Two of my favorites combined :)

 
At June 2, 2011 at 5:15 PM , Anonymous Gloria said...

yummm wish i had a glass on my desk right now!

 
At June 2, 2011 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Gage said...

yum! the honey lavendar sounds tastiest to me. cute blog!

 
At June 3, 2011 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Amy Seager said...

Yummy! Thanks for the recipe! I MUST try this as it is so hot outside at the moment!

x

 
At June 3, 2011 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

MMMMM love this!!! I am making this for my grad party!! Yum, if you like lemonade check out my blood orange lemonade recipe over on my little corner of cyber space. Love these photos! xo.

 
At June 8, 2011 at 4:03 PM , Blogger cailen ascher said...

mmm...that sounds delish! refreshing summer drinks are definitely the best : )

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home