This Page

has been moved to new address

friday!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: friday!

Friday, August 5, 2011

friday!

 “To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.” - Jane Austen




  • I'm super excited that America's Next Top Model is coming back for another season featuring past contestants (!).  Meet the cast here. And there is no shortage of troublemakers and divas in this one (I'm looking at you, Camille).

  • Ever wanted to know what it takes to be on MTV's The Real World? Take a peek at the contract and wonder why anyone would want to sign onto the show after reading this.

  • Have you heard of Google Goggles yet? It's an image recognition application that you can download on your Android device or iPhone 4 for free. Meaning, take a picture and Goggles will search for information on the photographed object (includes landmarks, artwork, text, etc.). The app is still in its early stages so more improvements to come.  But still...GENIUS!

  • A very happy weekend to you!

-jillian m.

Labels:

17 Comments:

At August 5, 2011 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Sam W. said...

i need to test out google goggles! sounds genius.

 
At August 5, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Anna Walker said...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :D
Ha I would NEVER want to be on MTV's Real World! Google Goggles seems AWESOME! :D

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

 
At August 5, 2011 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

Such a sweet date idea for the day time! Have a great weekend :)

 
At August 5, 2011 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Alana said...

I love how Matt Damon stood up for teachers. I think I'm in love.

And you made my morning with the Top Model news. It's my guilty pleasure. :)

 
At August 5, 2011 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Ana Degenaar said...

Must agree with her.

 
At August 5, 2011 at 1:24 PM , Blogger Euniece Santiago said...

im in love with matt damons intelligence, and i am in awe of anyone wanting to still sign up after seeing the first line --> you may die! :o

 
At August 5, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Blogger A said...

Jane Austen. Master of the simple, pretty, direct statement.

Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 1:39 PM , Anonymous emily said...

the daytime date ideas are great! esp. the part about having a cocktail waiting :]

 
At August 5, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i need to download google goggles right now.

and OMG that contract is more insane than i even imagined

 
At August 5, 2011 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

I am rooting for Allison on ANTM :)

 
At August 6, 2011 at 4:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hope you're having a wonderful weekend jillian!

 
At August 6, 2011 at 4:40 PM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

so incredibly excited about google goggles. i've totally been waiting for this for like 10 years. i've always wanted to google search using a picture!

 
At August 7, 2011 at 10:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always have the bestest links. I LOVE Matt Damon!! Love him more when NOW. Did you watch is Inside the Actor's Studio!??! Uhg, love love love.

And I did not know about the all-star situation on ANTM!!!! Going to check that out now!

 
At August 7, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Radiant Make Up said...

google goggles sounds amazing, I imagine it'll take a while though for it to be sorted out :)

 
At August 7, 2011 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Kaylia Payne said...

Loved your links like always!!! It is fantastic that Matt Damon was standing up for teachers, as a pre-service teacher I definitely appreciate this! Wasn't such a fan of 'greatest country in the world' and 'you get to be American', haha but that's because I'm Australian :p

Oh and read your post about bad movies, you absolutely need to see Troll 2 and The Room. Best worst movies ever! Here is a review of the room, it gets funny about 3 mins in :)

thatguywiththeglasses.com/.../nostalgia-critic/25743-the-room

 
At August 8, 2011 at 5:47 AM , Anonymous Erin Lian said...

I started reading the contract and started panicking - I swear that is a Human Rights violation!!! Aaah! Also goggles is amazingly genius. Hope you had a lovely weekend :)
<3

 
At August 8, 2011 at 4:41 PM , Blogger Gloria said...

The fair looks like SO much fun! I can't believe someone is giving a WOLF a belly rub!!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home