This Page

has been moved to new address

what to do with dried flowers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: what to do with dried flowers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

what to do with dried flowers


I generally find potpourri to be kind of useless, as it fails to compete with the likes of scented candles or boiled orange peels. But seeing as how I had dried flowers left over from V-day, I thought it might be a good opportunity to give them new life by creating my own potpourri and putting it on elegant display.

And what’s more elegant than a wine glass?



Pick off the dried petals and place in a wine, champagne or martini glass. Add a drop or two of your favorite essential oil or perfume for a light fragrance.
There you have it. The easiest DIY ever.  And a quick way to add a touch of romance to the décor, whether it’s displayed on a shelf, nightstand or used as a centerpiece for a table. (dinner for two?) Personally, I think the latter is a really sweet idea.

Photobucket

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At March 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Ronnie said...

How funny. I've done exactly the same with my V Day roses too, but sans wine glass. That's a cool idea though!
Ronnie xo

 
At March 7, 2012 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

yeah, i think pp is more for the look than actual scent. at least after the first few days. i have a couple of bowls just 'cause they look nice.

in a wine glass sounds like a nice table setting idea.

 
At March 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Okay, all this reminds me of is one of my favorite FRIENDS episodes, in where Ross gets flowers sent back from his estranged wife, and he says quite sarcastically, "It's OK! Monica is gonna make potpurri!"

hahaha. Cracks me up everytime :)

 
At March 7, 2012 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

Aaaah! I love that! Ross is so hilarious. He was one of my faves.

 
At March 8, 2012 at 11:15 AM , Anonymous classiq said...

So simple and I love the idea with the wine glass.
Ada

 
At March 8, 2012 at 12:16 PM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

Oh I love this idea! I never know what to do with dried flowers either. I like the idea of having them romatically displayed with a few drops of essential oil. You're so creative!

 
At March 8, 2012 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

Aww what a beautiful idea and your photos are truly stunning, darling. Have a great day. xo

 
At March 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

So clever–and they look just gorgeous!

 
At March 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM , Blogger fifth floor apartment said...

when i was little m mom made dried potpourri all the time. i'm officially having flashbacks of playing with it and having my fingers smell like flowers all day :)

xo alison

 
At March 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Gabriella said...

Love this! What a fantastic quick DIY!

Gabriella

 
At March 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Blue said...

I love this. Everything looks so much more sophisticated in a wine glass...

 
At March 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Sierra said...

Gorgeous DIY! I used to save my dried flowers but sometimes they fall a part. This is a great way to use them though. Such a pretty decor piece!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home