This Page

has been moved to new address

strawberries and goat cheese on toast

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: strawberries and goat cheese on toast

Thursday, May 5, 2011

strawberries and goat cheese on toast


I'm a snacker.  This is why I can't have any junk food in the house.  Because if I see a Devil Dog just laying on the kitchen counter, I will grab it.  So...healthy snacking it is!

I read in last month's issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray that strawberries go very well with goat cheese.  Sweet, creamy, salty, healthy, easy to put together--I couldn't ask for more.

strawberries & goat cheese on toast
sliced strawberries
goat cheese
Baguette, Melba toast or any type of bread
drizzle of balsamic vinegar

Toast the bread.  In a bowl, toss vinegar with sliced strawberries.  Layer ingredients on bread as desired.



There are so many things you can do with this: add basil or mint, grill the strawberries, add a touch of honey...whichever satisfies your tastes.  Or try any of these recipes:

Grilled goat cheese and strawberry sandwich (Another variation on grilled cheese? Count me in!)
Strawberry and goat cheese green salad (So fresh, colorful and a break from the ordinary salad)
Grilled strawberry and goat cheese dessert pizza (If Emeril is behind this, then it's got to be good!)
Strawberry and goat cheese pie  (A creamy, sweet pie.  Mmmmm...)

Now, I am left with a block of goat cheese and no more strawberries.  So I ask you: do you know any good recipes that incorporate goat cheese (sans strawberries)?  Care to share?

-jillian m.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At May 5, 2011 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

I read about strawberries and balsamic vinegar everywhere I go and I just can't wrap my brain around it. Is it really tasty? Because I have some reservations.

 
At May 5, 2011 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

Oh, it's so good! The strawberries with the balsamic create a sweet and tart flavor that tastes amazing. But I guess it's not for everyone. Try it anyway! You may end up liking it.

 
At May 5, 2011 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

I definitely will. :) Thanks for the recipe!

 
At May 5, 2011 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Aquí said...

this looks heavenly. What is it about cheese and fruit that work so well together? yum!

 
At May 5, 2011 at 2:16 PM , Blogger amy b.s. said...

that looks too beautiful to eat!

 
At May 5, 2011 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Felicia said...

Yum! I have never had strawberries and balsamic together, but it sounds so wonderful.

I've never really cooked or baked with goat cheese before, but do share if you find a great recipe!

 
At May 5, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Michelle {lovely little things} said...

sounds delicious!

 
At May 5, 2011 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Kaylia Payne said...

I've never tried goats cheese, it looks much nicer than I pictured!

I love strawberries with ricotta on toast, but I mostly end up covering it with so much icing sugar that it ends up being junk food anyway...

 
At May 5, 2011 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

mmmmmm this is delicious!! I'll have to put it on my snacking list, too.

I have an AMAZING recipe for you, though its slightly less healthy.

Goat cheese + chocolate cupcakes

http://thecrazylifeofj.blogspot.com/2011/04/things-i-like-ganache-filled-goat.html

 
At May 5, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

Goat cheese, strawberries and a touch of balsamic vinegar-sounds heavenly!

 
At May 5, 2011 at 9:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that looks delicious!

 
At May 5, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Blogger My Fashion Dolly said...

Hi Jillian,

Hmmmm! They look so yummy. I'm definitely trying these because I'm also a snacker, and I need something a little healthier. I think this is perfect. Awesome!

Xoxo

Rocio R.
http://myfashiondolly.blogspot.com

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

Anahit - that sounds so interesting! I'll have to bookmark that one. Thanks!

And to everyone else who is interested - if you don't like goat cheese, strawberries and balsamic vinegar make a great snack, too. Like dark chocolate, they are a wonderful complement to the strawberries!

 
At May 7, 2011 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Euniece Santiago said...

ah these look so fresh and yummy and are adorable!!! i am definately going to have to give these a try!!! hope you have a great weekend!

 
At May 8, 2011 at 5:22 AM , Blogger Signe said...

Oh shoot - this looks AMAZING!
Gonna try it out for sure :)

 
At May 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Strawberry Freckleface said...

OH. MY. GOSH. That looks absolutely delicious.

strawberry freckleface

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home