This Page

has been moved to new address

i've been very bad

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: i've been very bad

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

i've been very bad

I had a mini chocolate-peanut butter cupcake from Starbucks this afternoon.  Oh, it was heavenly.

Then when I left work, a cupcake truck was giving out free(!) cupcakes.  And I couldn't help myself...again.


I blame this damn sweet tooth of mine.  Like clockwork, every afternoon around 2-3pm, I have this craving for sweets.  Do you ever get a craving for something sweet (or salty) around a certain time?  Ever indulge?

-jillian m.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At May 18, 2011 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

You obviously saw my sweet and salty post .... mmm chocolate caramels ... looks like we are two peas in a pod. And, YES I indulge a lot but moderate on other days as it is all about balance. Good for you on indulging :) Jam shall be coming your way shortly!! XO!

 
At May 18, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

Those salted caramels you posted about had me drooling! I think it's great to indulge once in a while. However, I've been indulging all week! Very very bad. I usually like to save that for the weekends.

 
At May 18, 2011 at 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i usually crave one after the other, creating an awful catch 22! but i've found that trader joe's sea salt brownies are the perfect combination of the two

 
At May 18, 2011 at 9:50 PM , Blogger SE said...

I keep mini snickers around at all times, every afternoon after eating dinner I want one! Or two, or three...

 
At May 18, 2011 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Aquí said...

love cupcakes! My favorite dessert ever, especially with peanut putter and chocolate!!

 
At May 18, 2011 at 11:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should NEVER turn down a free cupcake. Now THAT would be bad, friend.

 
At May 19, 2011 at 6:00 AM , Blogger Megan said...

Don't feel guilty! Cupcakes for the win!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 7:21 AM , Blogger the nyanzi report said...

do not feel guilty at all. enjoy your life.

 
At May 19, 2011 at 7:51 AM , Anonymous Erin Lian said...

I am terrible, I have the worst sweet tooth in the world! I have to have something sweet with every meal, even breakfast! I don't think you should feel too bad 'cause it was a MINI cupcake...
<3

 
At May 19, 2011 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

coffeeandkitsch - sea salt brownies sounds like heaven! Next time I'm in Trader Joe's, I'm picking these up. Thanks!

SE - I love mini Snickers, too. I never buy the whole bar because after a while, it just tastes like junk to me. But in moderation, it's so good!

Aqui - Cupcakes are definitely in the top tier of my favorite desserts as well!

Jamillah - Oh, I will never turn down a free anything. Especially cupcakes!

Megan and Nyanzi - I guess I don't feel so guilty now. After hearing feedback from all you cupcake supporters, I feel better about myself. Ha!

Erin - Wow, you do love your sweets! A sweet breakfast like waffles and maple syrup or jam on toast can be really delicious and gratifying...

 
At May 19, 2011 at 10:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jillian, it doesn't sound like you were doing anything wrong at all! What's even better is that you hardly spent anything on 1 and 1/2 cupcakes. Sounds heavenly! I haven't tried the Starbucks peanut butter one yet, but I'll have to upon your recommendation!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

My philosophy in life-- never turn down free food. Especially a free cupcake!

And I have to, have to, have to have a little something sweet after dinner. :)

 
At May 19, 2011 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Sam W. said...

mine is terrible :(

i wrote a post on sugar today...but i'm a bit of a hypocrit, because i just can't get enough sweet!

 
At June 13, 2011 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Csilla said...

oh you are lucky to have the craving in the afternoon!!snacking at that time is not bad!i have it usually at around 8 or 9pm. and it is so hard to resist! if i even resist...:)

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home