This Page

has been moved to new address

adventures in weekending: july fourth bbq

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: adventures in weekending: july fourth bbq

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

adventures in weekending: july fourth bbq

I don't think I'll ever get tired of barbecues.  My parents must have had about twenty bbq gatherings in the past few months and all of them have been so festive and nostalgic, as it brings back feelings of being a kid on summer vacation, losing track of the time and days.  I am so in those moments that I forget my phone, the time of day, the mosquitoes that are feasting on my leg and whatever else.

My Fourth of July weekend did not include the typical fireworks or beach days, but it did have grilled burgers, water guns, hilarity, lovable nephews, cute doggies, some of my favorite people and a bit of New Kids on the Block.

Burgers and dogs, the bbq staples.

Trying to get it together for our ubiquitous Charlie's Angels pics.


Mission failed.


 Preparing for battle.  Wearing the tough-guy faces for maximum intimidation!

It wouldn't be a bbq without pieces of juicy watermleon.


My nephew Jaxon's tiny Toms.  Doing his part to change the world!

We can't get enough of him.


My sis Janey and her bestie Aida taking it back to some Step by Step, courtesy of NKOTB. Mason had enough.  He was probably thinking, my Mom is soooo embarrassing!

-jillian m.

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

At July 5, 2011 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Jane said...

I love BBQs, it looks like you had a great 4th of July! Your nephew is adorable.

 
At July 5, 2011 at 7:41 AM , Blogger Ana Degenaar said...

You guys are so much fun! I love the photos!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 9:45 AM , Anonymous Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! I love the failed Charlies Angels pic, you captured the fun perfectly!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooooo cute! I love how close you are with your family. I'm like that too! We also did water games!!! We had water balloons and squirt guns! So fun!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 11:39 AM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Gosh those hot dogs look delish! And how cute are those baby Toms???

 
At July 5, 2011 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Euniece Santiago said...

it doesn't matter how old you are - bbq's are fun no matter what age you are. spending time with family, eating, laughing and enjoying the nice weather is always priceless.

 
At July 5, 2011 at 1:24 PM , Blogger rebecca said...

is it weird that i'm (basically) a vegetarian and those hot dogs look delicious to me?

 
At July 5, 2011 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Natasha Contreras said...

Those baby toms are sooo adorable. Sounds like you had a blast!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Joyti said...

Barbeques are so much fun, aren't they? Simple joys...

My parents are always trying to get the boy and I do another bbq for them too...we do them with non-traditional things though.

 
At July 5, 2011 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Sam W. said...

you guys are just adorable. love all the photos. great weekend!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Bad Joan said...

Looks like such a fun 4th! Awesome photos!

http://blog.badjoan.com/

 
At July 5, 2011 at 11:21 PM , Blogger April said...

Looks like you had the perfect 4th!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 11:34 PM , Blogger galatea. said...

i looove your photos! soo real x

 
At July 6, 2011 at 12:41 AM , Blogger Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

Looks like a wonderful 4th of July! Your nephew is sooo adorable. xx

 
At July 6, 2011 at 1:21 AM , Blogger Francesca said...

cute photos! those ones of the food is making me hungry though.. xx opinionslave

 
At July 6, 2011 at 8:25 AM , Blogger ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I love the photos! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. =)

 
At July 6, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhhh, those baby TOMS - adorable :o) !!!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 1:31 AM , Blogger Aquí said...

I love your photos so much Jillian! Your nephew is adorable! I love his tough guy face!

 
At July 13, 2011 at 2:49 PM , Blogger PhotoPuddle said...

Only just discovered your blog but it's making me so hungry. First the fish and chips, then the pizza and now those hots dogs and burges. Good job I've got dinner cooking the kitchen right now!

 
At July 30, 2011 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Lublyou said...

your blog is very cute

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home