This Page

has been moved to new address

adventures in weekending: we're going to the country, we're going to the fair

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: adventures in weekending: we're going to the country, we're going to the fair

Monday, August 8, 2011

adventures in weekending: we're going to the country, we're going to the fair

It's become something of a tradition to visit the Middlesex County Fair every year. So when I heard my parents were taking my nephew, Mason, of course, me and Bob had to tag along. I couldn't miss out on cute farm animals, junky food, carnival games and the infectious, innocent energy of Mase.

Little Bo Peep and her little animal friends.

The plumpest blackberries I've seen all season. And the juiciest I've tasted.

A gentle wolf getting a tummy rub from his trainer.  And loving every second of it.


I'd love to snuggle with these cuddlies.

My favorite t-shirt. I only wish I would have bought it.


Nothing says a fair like candy apples, cotton candy, funnel cake and snow cones.

Bob won this cool ukulele...

While I paid $5 to play a game and win a box of Swedish Fish.  Hmmm...


There are still a few more things I'd like to check off my summer bucket list, but getting to cross this one out felt good. And it gets me pumped to cram in more fun summer activities. I don't care if fall is just around the corner! I am determined to squeeze every last drop out of my favorite season.  Embracing and savoring the moments are key.

-jillian m.

Labels: , ,

22 Comments:

At August 8, 2011 at 8:00 AM , Blogger colleen said...

a wolf?! that's ridiculously crazy in an awesome way.

 
At August 8, 2011 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Jane said...

I love fairs, especially the games and the general atmosphere! Looks like you had a great time.

 
At August 8, 2011 at 9:44 AM , Blogger A said...

County fairs are the best! I must say I am ardently looking forward an autumnal chill in the air...

 
At August 8, 2011 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

It's been so long since I've gone to the fair. Funny you mentioned it, I was watching the movie BIG last night and it made me miss going to them. Maybe this year...

P.S. Just Swedish fish?! What a rip off!

 
At August 8, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

This looks like such a fun time! That wolf is so cute and looks so gentle! And wow those are some plump blackberries. I just love those little berry baskets they come in.

 
At August 8, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger onesixthreechirp said...

Great blog and post! Following you. :)You have a great day with them.

 
At August 8, 2011 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Fun pics!!! I'd be so scared to pet that wolf!!!! Crazy!!

 
At August 8, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

i just love the fair and the country :) that top photo cracks me up :) aren't those cardboard cutouts the greatest?

 
At August 8, 2011 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Sam W. said...

so cute!! love the pictures and all the lovely colors :)

 
At August 8, 2011 at 7:03 PM , Blogger Aquí said...

this looks like so much fun! I haven't been to a fair in years!

 
At August 8, 2011 at 9:45 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Great pictures, love the one of the wolf! Glad I found your blog, going to start following! xo

 
At August 8, 2011 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Pierre BOYER said...

Great colored walk with family or friends...
Enjoy your day !

Pierre
http://pierre-boyer.blogspot.com/

 
At August 9, 2011 at 2:19 AM , Blogger Sara Louise said...

Oh I used to love going to county fairs! Stuffing myself with turkey legs and funnel cakes before playing carnival games is the most fun!
Too bad you didn't get the t-shirt, it's so kitschy :-)

 
At August 9, 2011 at 5:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

old fashioned fairs, so fun. and i'm wondering what is funnel cake!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 8:14 AM , Blogger E Broadus Gregory said...

There is nothing like a fair! Ours just started in Indianapolis a few days ago. Love seeing the animals.

 
At August 9, 2011 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

Monica, funnel cake is basically fried dough and it's typically served with powdered sugar. Probably one of the unhealhiest foods ever but it tastes amazing! Thankfully, I don't have easy access to it so I don't eat it very often (if at all).

 
At August 9, 2011 at 9:26 AM , Anonymous Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

The highlight of these photos was that gorgeous wolf (and Bob with a ukulele, what a random prize!) Always so jealous of your weekend pics! I am so trying a funnel cake when I can get my hands on one!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 9:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, the wolf image is amazing! so beautiful! xoxo


Check out my current Giveaway!

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/2011/08/giveaway-of-sheyna-moonstone-earrings.html

 
At August 9, 2011 at 10:18 AM , Anonymous classiq said...

I'm with you: loving every bit of the summer left. Hope you have a wonderful week!
Ada

 
At August 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

I haven't been to a far in ages! This looks so fun. And thanks for making me feel better about all the food I ate this weekend! Haha.

 
At August 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

Jillian, I need to flip out for a second. HOW DID I NOT KNOW YOUR FAMILY IS FROM MIDDLESEX?!?!?!? My parents live in Cranbury-obviously, this is not exciting to me at all.

 
At August 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Gorgeous Glam said...

That first pic is too cute! Looks like so much fun! You've got a lovely blog dear ;) xo -Taj

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home