This Page

has been moved to new address

adventures in weekending: chapter one of our apartment-hunting journey

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: adventures in weekending: chapter one of our apartment-hunting journey

Monday, September 26, 2011

adventures in weekending: chapter one of our apartment-hunting journey

Growing up in Brooklyn for 20+ years, I had always assumed I would stay a BK girl . But since I've met Bob, he has slowly put me on to the possibility of living in Queens.  We actively sought out apartments in Astoria this weekend and I immediately fell in love with its diversity, charm and most importantly, affordable rent prices. After looking at a couple of apartments in the area, we decided to explore for a short while.

So coffee and brunch commenced, followed by a long walk through the neighborhood.




By the end of the day, we were exhausted and wanting to fall asleep before the sun went down. Apartment-hunting is hard work. But fun, too. I'm excited (and a bit terrified) to embark on this new chapter. Here's to changes!


What were you up to?

-jillian m.


p.s. If any of you New Yorkers hear of any vacancies through the grapevine, let me know! I'm also open to any legit rental search sites suggestions besides Craigslist, Trulia and The New York Times.

Labels: , , ,

24 Comments:

At September 26, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

after seeing these photos, the oatmeal i made for breakfast is looking pretty sad!

 
At September 26, 2011 at 7:40 AM , Blogger colleen said...

love that dog standing on the bench. good luck with your search - i know how daunting it can be. i'll let you know if i hear of anything!

 
At September 26, 2011 at 7:46 AM , Anonymous Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Mmmmm delicious looking brunch! I find apartment hunting very stressful so I can sympathise (but it's also very exciting discovering a new neighbourhood too!) Good luck with the search - keep us posted!

 
At September 26, 2011 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Jane said...

I love these pictures, especially the breakfast ones! Good luck with your apartment hunting.

 
At September 26, 2011 at 9:18 AM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

Apartment hunting is a lot of work but it's so worth it when you find something that you're really happy with! Good luck on your search!

 
At September 26, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Anonymous classiq said...

It's a challenge, but I can imagine the excitement when you finally find the it apartment. Good luck and have a wonderful week! xoxo
Ada

 
At September 26, 2011 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Very fun!

I'll take some of that french toast please!

 
At September 26, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Anonymous Gloria said...

I heart Brooklyn, but I have a lot of friends living in Astoria who absolutely love it! I'm sure it would be a wonderful change of pace to move to that neighborhood :-)

 
At September 26, 2011 at 12:08 PM , Blogger yours truly, melissa said...

Shopping for a new place in a new neighborhood is always exciting (& exhausting!)! Your breakfast looks delicious!

 
At September 26, 2011 at 12:28 PM , Anonymous kristina@beancakes ★ said...

hi jillian ~ queens sounds and looks like a cool place! and i love that bright yellow mug! happy monday my friend ;)
xo ~ ks

 
At September 26, 2011 at 12:45 PM , Blogger thislittleinfinity said...

Wow the food looks delicious - and it really does sound so exciting looking for a new place to live, good luck finding an amazing area! :)

http://www.autumnalfever.blogspot.com/

 
At September 26, 2011 at 4:10 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

That breakfast looks incredible!

 
At September 26, 2011 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Jillian,
Thats wonderful you two are taking a step forward! I can't imagine what its like to have so many options! Where I come from not much to offer or to check out :)
Good Luck and keep me posted on this hunt!
Celina

 
At September 26, 2011 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Sam W. said...

awesome!! change is always exciting/terrifying :)

love the pic of the pup!

 
At September 26, 2011 at 5:30 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

What a wonderful adventure-I can't wait to see where you guys land!

 
At September 26, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Good luck with apartments. And hey, I'll be visiting NY soonish (in the next 5 months or so). Let me know if you're up for a blogger meet-up :)

 
At September 26, 2011 at 7:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like such a cute neighborhood and an amazing brunch. So glad I came across your blog.

 
At September 27, 2011 at 2:34 AM , Anonymous jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said...

apartment hunting is always such a stressful, yet exciting time! i was in your position a few months ago :) your brunch looks like it was delicious!

 
At September 27, 2011 at 3:23 AM , Blogger Sara Louise said...

Apartment hunting is so much fun and full of possibilities! I'm so excited for you :-)
And that French toast has my mouth watering!

 
At September 27, 2011 at 4:56 AM , Blogger onesixthreechirp said...

Fun day! Those food look so yummy! :)

 
At September 27, 2011 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

it IS fun. so what's the difference between Brooklyn and Queens (asked by A European). :)

 
At September 27, 2011 at 5:57 PM , Anonymous Erin Lian said...

I would just move there for the dog and breakfast! Good luck :) <3

 
At September 28, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Lublyou said...

good luck finding the best one!

 
At September 29, 2011 at 10:46 AM , Blogger rebecca said...

sooo exciting!! keep us updated.

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home