This Page

has been moved to new address

my trip to st. lucia (part II)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: my trip to st. lucia (part II)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

my trip to st. lucia (part II)


The second and final part of my vacation posts largely focuses on a land and sea excursion we took around the coasts of the island. We started out in an open Jeep and rode around the westernmost part of the island, exploring fishing villages, botanical gardens, the volcanic Sulphur Springs, a plantation and more. Then, we boarded a catamaran and cruised along the coastline. I felt like one of those rich people who vacation on their yachts in the south of France!



Our tour guide, Gilliana, showing us the different fruits and vegetables that are grown on the island. According to her, there is such an abundance of food grown here that no one in St. Lucia should ever go hungry (key word being should).



The Sulphur Springs is a drive-in volcano! The craters are filled with bubbling black water over 200 degrees Fahrenheit and they emit something of a rotten egg stench.



The Fond Doux Estate is a cocoa plantation in the town of Soufriere. Shown here is known as the Cocoa Dance and this preps, polishes and preserves the beans before they are sent to be processed for Hershey's and Cadbury chocolates.



I can not stop raving about the most amazing authentic food served at the plantation. I had rice and beans, salad with a vinaigrette-type dressing, starfruit, fresh and flavorful fish, fried plantains (the darkest ones are always the sweetest) and my personal favorite, creamy breadfruit pudding. Served with fresh guava juice and delicious hot pumpkin soup appetizer. Seriously, is your mouth watering yet? Because I'm dying just writing this.

Wind in my hair, sun on my face = happy.

 Some pretty spectacular views from our catamaran



-jillian m.


*If anyone is ever looking to vacation in St. Lucia, the land and sea tour is must. There's so much to learn and see of this island and I would dare to say this tour is the best way to do it. We learned so much and had the time of our lives while doing so.

Labels: , , , ,

23 Comments:

At September 13, 2011 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Felicia said...

ah wow!!! i wish i could go to st. lucia right now. that food looks so good. :) you and your boy look very cute!

 
At September 13, 2011 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful! and the food still looking good.

 
At September 13, 2011 at 4:02 PM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

I love that last picture - it's exactly how I picture St Lucia! Again, your trip sounds amazing. The sights and all of the food!

 
At September 13, 2011 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Sam W. said...

oh my word!! i want to go :)

 
At September 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

WOW-the gorgeous plants, the stunning landscapes-I'm in love!

 
At September 13, 2011 at 6:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am officially in awe!

 
At September 13, 2011 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Jennifer Fabulous said...

Wow these photos are GORGEOUS! And you are so pretty in them. You really did have a fabulous time in paradise, didn't you. :) I love reading travel posts. I can pretend I was there too! Hehe.

 
At September 13, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Sienna said...

this is stunning!! i want to go so bad

 
At September 13, 2011 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Summer-Raye said...

New to the blog! Beautiful pictures. :) Id love for you to follow my blog, let me know and Ill follow back.

Check out my giveaway as well.

Summer

 
At September 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I love this post! I love the pictures! AND I love St. Lucia!!!! I went there on my honeymoon, and I loved it. Beautiful, Beautiful island with lovely people!!

New reader here...and I'm loving your blog! xx

 
At September 14, 2011 at 12:01 AM , Blogger Janey R. said...

such a great pic of you with the wind in your hair, just looking at these pics makes me feel relaxed! =)

 
At September 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM , Anonymous jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said...

what a beautiful place! you take amazing photos!

 
At September 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM , Anonymous jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said...

what a beautiful place! you take amazing photos!

 
At September 14, 2011 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Anna said...

WOW! These photos are AMAZING! I think I neeeed to go here now. Beautiful!

 
At September 15, 2011 at 12:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw I heart part II! your first vacacy with Bob looks like it was amazing. Let's do dinner soon, friend. I want to tell you about all the bloggy blog stuff I attended last week and hear all about your vacay.

 
At September 15, 2011 at 2:01 AM , Blogger onesixthreechirp said...

That's amazing trip! Beautiful scenery.Wish I have the chance to travel to there. :D

 
At September 15, 2011 at 12:39 PM , Anonymous kristina@beancakes ★ said...

jillian ~ these photos are gorgeous as you are!! thanks for sharing ;)
xx

 
At September 15, 2011 at 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, gorgeous photography! My favorite photo is of the Cocoa Dance! I love the blur of action, but the stabilized, focused image of the cocoa beans themselves. And GAH...I heart Cadbury.

And a great, informative mention of the color of the plantains!

 
At September 15, 2011 at 6:24 PM , Anonymous Gloria said...

Your vaca photos are so gorgeous, and the food looks divine - I MUST add St. Lucia to my travel list :-)

 
At September 15, 2011 at 6:36 PM , Blogger yours truly, melissa said...

Absolutely gorgeous scenery! Glad you guys had so much fun!

 
At September 18, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Lindsay said...

I've always wanted to go to St. Lucia. It looks amazing!

 
At September 18, 2011 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Eventful Life and Style said...

Beautiful photos!!

 
At January 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Tanya said...

looks amazing...Very exotic...

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home