This Page

has been moved to new address

adventures in weekending: jazz age lawn party 2011

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: adventures in weekending: jazz age lawn party 2011

Monday, August 22, 2011

adventures in weekending: jazz age lawn party 2011

I'd been waiting for this event all summer. We had so much fun last year, I couldn't miss out on the joyful big band sounds of the Dream Orchestra, the fabulously retro styles and the overall festive mood that filled the air. And who doesn't love a good costume party once in a while? I usually don't go all out, because I think a few standout details are enough. In this case, pearls and red lips made me feel snazzy. When in doubt, jewelry and makeup!


Doing the Charleston! Love the girl in red.

My nephews, Mason and Jax feasting on some juicy plums (there were devoured in seconds).


Some more jazzy old timers...

Mase and Janey (rawr!). Side note: my creative and talented sister made her sweet hair pieces from an applique and an earring.

A pie contest I would have loved to be in. If it means eating huge amounts of homemade cherry, peach, blueberry and blackberry pie, then surely it's for me.

Strolling in style.

The view from our spot on the lawn. People-watching at its finest.


We're always giggling...


-jillian m.

Labels: , , ,

26 Comments:

At August 22, 2011 at 7:59 AM , Blogger onesixthreechirp said...

You have so much fun! :D
Lovely smile. :)

 
At August 22, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look gorgeous! glad you got good weather - i need to add this to my to-do list for next year. and that stroller is fantastic!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Jane said...

You guys looked great! Sounds like you had fun, it looks like it had an awesome atmosphere.

 
At August 22, 2011 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

Why, thank you much Peiyinn and M!

M - If you come next year, maybe I'll see you there!

Jane - Thank you! And yes, the atmosphere and overall vibe was happy and fun. Not even the oppressive heat and humidity could keep me from smiling.

 
At August 22, 2011 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Sonia said...

These pics are amazing!

In Pursuit of Style

 
At August 22, 2011 at 9:51 AM , Blogger yours truly, melissa said...

I love attending community events like this, they're usually so much fun. You & your sister are so pretty... Looks like it was a fun time!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh wow, what fun! digging that baby pram!

you guys look fabulous too.

 
At August 22, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

This looks amazing! You look great and this looks like SUCH a fun day!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 12:21 PM , Anonymous Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

I went to a jazz festival a couple of weekends ago and it didn't look half as fun! I love your outfit and that fabulous red lipstick!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 1:35 PM , Blogger A said...

Awww...nothing like fun with the sis!

Looks like an amazing party!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 3:02 PM , Blogger PhotoPuddle said...

Ooo, that looks like a fantastic day out!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Cat said...

A lawn party with jazz?!?!? Looks like such fun ... and the perfect place to people watch! Such smartly dressed folks, love it!

❤ Cat brideblu

 
At August 22, 2011 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

This looks like so much fun!! I need to find cool events like this in DC. Hope you had a wonderful, wonderful weekend!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

this looks like so much fun - such darling photos!

Kristina
Spotted Appeal

 
At August 22, 2011 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These Pictures are FABULOUS!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Adriana said...

I love the pictures, looks like fun!
-Adriana
http://thelittlepetite.blogspot.com/

 
At August 22, 2011 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Great pictures! Looks like such an amazing time! xo

 
At August 22, 2011 at 7:25 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

You two are just gorgeous!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 11:40 PM , Blogger rebecca said...

could you have looked any cuter? nope.

 
At August 23, 2011 at 3:34 AM , Blogger The.Red.See said...

Great shots, looks like it was an amazing party! You look beautiful, but your nephews steal my heart!

 
At August 23, 2011 at 7:13 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

Thank you, ladies! You're the best! And yes, oh so much fun. Anyone in the NYC area should do this (there's always next year!).

 
At August 23, 2011 at 9:28 AM , Anonymous classiq said...

You look lovely! Wow, a jazz age lawn party, how fabulous is that? Everyone seems to have so much fun. xoxo
Ada

 
At August 24, 2011 at 10:57 AM , Blogger henning love said...

this looks so fun! i love picnics and having everyone dressed up is a great idea. i love that old car buggy adorable!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 11:59 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

You are so cute!!!!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 11:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

STOP IT!!! I WAS THERE WITH MY FRIENDS!!! My friend's birthday coincided with this event and it was so super fun.

You look gorgeous!

 
At August 31, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

Aw, I wish I would have known you were there, Jamillah! I would've liked to drop by and say hi :(

Next time!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home