This Page

has been moved to new address

adventures in weekending: the after-party

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: adventures in weekending: the after-party

Monday, January 23, 2012

adventures in weekending: the after-party


This was the only semi-decent picture I managed to snap at our housewarming party. Turns out picture-taking isn't very conducive to hosting duties. But we did manage to snap a few after-party pics.

(By the way, the last photo is totally staged. I guess you could say it was more of a representation of how I felt. You get the idea)


It may not look like much of an after-party, but we were just getting started here. After the initial exhaustion (you know, laying on the floor and whatnot), I decided to host another party. I deemed it  "the cleaning party". Which consisted of wiping brownie crumbs off the floor, finding random beer bottles on the bookshelf and washing dishes all while listening to '90s Green Day and practicing some cheerleader moves (that I totally swiped from Bring It On). Not too bad for something that was actually chores disguised as a party.

Next weekend, we get to do it all over again. Yes, that's right. We're having another housewarming.

How was your weekend? Any good?

Photobucket

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At January 23, 2012 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Alexa said...

ahhh 90's Greenday :) Sometimes blasting old music is one of the best motivations.

This weekend was one of my favorite lately. I enjoyed the snow and everything that came with it.

Happy Monday!

 
At January 23, 2012 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

I saw your snow pics...amazing! I left the house once and that was to do laundry. That was as much as I enjoyed the snow!

 
At January 23, 2012 at 8:05 AM , Blogger SreeBindu said...

looks like a packed one =). Hope you had a blast :)

xoxo

 
At January 23, 2012 at 8:32 AM , Blogger barefoot mama said...

Sounds like you had fun!! That last photo is hilarious:))) The after party sounds great! Next weekend again..well, good luck!

 
At January 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

I'm glad your party was so fun! And good for you to get on the cleaning so fast! I hope you have a great start to your week!

 
At January 23, 2012 at 9:33 AM , Blogger rooth said...

That's so fun. I can't wait to move into a bigger place and host my very own party!

 
At January 23, 2012 at 12:41 PM , Anonymous Vanessa said...

Another one? My God, we moved in in June and put the party off so many times it doubled as our New Year's Eve party!

 
At January 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM , Anonymous kristina said...

you guys look pooped!! and congrats on the success of your housewarming party - i LOVE those hershey kiss cookies, my mom always makes those over the holidays!!
xx, k

 
At January 23, 2012 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Chelle Lynn said...

Housewarmings are the most fun! A great excuse to hang out with friends AND make your house look fabulous.

 
At January 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

This is too cute. No one is a fan of the "cleaning party." Well, at least, I'm not :P

 
At January 23, 2012 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

glad it went well. and a 2nd one!?

well done on making cleaning a party.

 
At January 23, 2012 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Aquí said...

So exciting that you two finally found a place. Hard wood floors are ALWAYS a good find :)

 
At January 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

Holy housewarming-good luck! But the exhaustion and clean up is a sign of one excellent party!

 
At January 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM , Anonymous Gloria said...

Umm the cleaning party sounds way more fun than it should've been :-) Glad everything went well!

 
At January 24, 2012 at 2:47 AM , Blogger Anait said...

I love housewarmings :) They can be exhausting, but there's just something so fun about hosting people in a new home! Congrats :)

 
At January 24, 2012 at 3:55 AM , Blogger Bel said...

Housewarmings are the best!!! And that is exactly how I look at the after party too lol.

Belly B :)

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home