This Page

has been moved to new address

what to do with a leftover vanilla pod (vanilla sugar!)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: what to do with a leftover vanilla pod (vanilla sugar!)

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

what to do with a leftover vanilla pod (vanilla sugar!)



You’ve already used the beans for a made-from-scratch vanilla ice cream or cookies or some other type of sweet treat. And now all that’s left is an empty pod.

But don’t throw it away!

Use it to make heavenly, wonderful vanilla sugar (as if regular sugar wasn’t good enough on its own)

Place 1 pod in an airtight jar of sugar - about 2 cups.
Shake and let sit for a few days to a week.
Enjoy vanilla-infused sugar with anything you’d use sugar for, i.e. fruits, tea, cake, etc.

I like to have about a teaspoon or two in my morning coffee. It's pretty divine.

 Photobucket






p.s. Or try tossing in the vanilla pod with this (substitute the extract).

6 Comments:

At May 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds so amazing! I'm going to have to try this asap. I wonder if it would work with cinnamon too?

 
At May 9, 2012 at 2:48 PM , Blogger ice pandora said...

Wow, that easy to
DIY your own
vanilla sugar?
Great detailed
and sharp picture!

xx

 
At May 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM , Blogger yours truly, melissa said...

I I use to buy vanilla flavored creamer all the time, but then stopped because of all the artificial ingredients it consisted of. This would be a great & natural alternative!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 5:56 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

This sounds HEAVENLY!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 2:46 AM , Anonymous Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

I actually tried the DIY air freshener so I will definitely be 'spicing' it up by adding vanilla!

 
At May 15, 2012 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Selene said...

LOVELY BLOG!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home