This Page

has been moved to new address

mother's day pasta: orecchiette with goat cheese and peas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: mother's day pasta: orecchiette with goat cheese and peas

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

mother's day pasta: orecchiette with goat cheese and peas


I wanted to do something nice for my mom this past Mother's Day and considering that she loves creamy pastas, this recipe seemed like the right way to go.


Whole-Grain Orecchiette with Goat Cheese and Peas (somewhat based on this recipe from Delish)


13 oz. (about 1 box) of whole-grain orecchiette
3-4 cloves of garlic
3-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. of frozen peas
6-8 oz. of softened goat cheese
salt and pepper, to taste


Boil water in a medium pot on high.  Add 2-3 teaspoons of salt.
Crush, chop or mince the garlic. In an 8-10 inch skillet, combine garlic and oil.  Cook on medium until slightly golden and aromatic, occasionally stirring.  Add pepper and salt (about 1/8 teaspoon of each).
Add pasta to boiling water.  Cook 1 minute less than the minimum time the label directs. 
Add peas.  Cook 2-3 minutes longer.
Drain pasta and peas, but reserve 1-1 1/2 cups of pasta water.
Place pasta back in the same pot and add in goat cheese and a little bit of pasta water (be sure to add the water in just a bit at a time, until the cheese is melted and the it is the consistency you desire). 
Add in garlic mixture and combine.

This is ideal if you want a light (lighter than say, alfredo), cheesy, flavorful pasta.  I used a liberal amount of goat cheese and yet it turned out very mild with just a hint of pungency.  My mom is not a goat cheese lover, but she really enjoyed this (as did I!).


On another note, she had a very relaxing day doing exactly what she wanted to be doing.


-jillian m.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At May 11, 2011 at 10:25 AM , Blogger amy b.s. said...

oh, this looks amazing!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Joyti said...

Ooo, that look amazing. I am really into peas right now.
O, and kirsch is a cherry liqueur. Its clear and strong...

 
At May 11, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Anonymous Meghan @ My Wishful Thinking said...

Lucky mom! I am not a goats cheese fan either but this recipe is so simple and delicious that I might just give it a go!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Ana Degenaar said...

If only my wee one could cook I would ask her for a bowl of this. Perfection.

 
At May 11, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

that looks to die for. yummms!! i'll be trying the recipe asap. <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

 
At May 11, 2011 at 5:00 PM , Blogger Sam W. said...

mmm, big yum!! sounds like something i need to try :)

great blog!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM! Saving this!!!

Girl, have you tried bianca's yet! I've returned yet again b/c it was so darn good.

 
At May 11, 2011 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Yum, I love orecchiette!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 9:07 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

That last photo is just too funny! This sounds absolutely delicious!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your Mom!! I LOVE goat cheese. Love it. Can't wait to try this!

 
At May 12, 2011 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

Jamillah, I haven't gone yet! But I'm seriously dying to try it. Aaah, I probably won't get to go this weekend, but it's for sure on my to-do list.

 
At May 13, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Aquí said...

this looks soo delish! Yum!

 
At May 13, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Aquí said...

this looks soo delish! Yum!

 
At May 15, 2011 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Mariel Torres said...

oh that looks absolutely delicious!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home