This Page

has been moved to new address

adventures in weekending: addictive coffee, french food week and feeling girly

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: adventures in weekending: addictive coffee, french food week and feeling girly

Monday, July 18, 2011

adventures in weekending: addictive coffee, french food week and feeling girly

Here are a few things that made my (too short) weekend:

Two cups of Harry & David's limited edition coffee just because I felt like it.  I'm not normally a two-cup drinker, but this blend of vanilla and various fruits is dessert-delicious.


Reading magazines and people-watching at the park.  I wish I would have gotten a pic of the adorable shih tzu wearing sunglasses and a visor (just like his owner!).  Too cute!



It was French restaurant week in New York.  Which meant a 4-course prix-fixe at Le Comptoir of cucumber-mint gazpacho, asparagus with Parmesan chips, homemade gnocchi and light-as-air chocolate mousse.


Getting to sport my new pretty pink nail polish with my new favorite dress (that I may or may not have worn 2 days in a row).  I've been feeling extra girly-girl these days.  I even broke out some random ballet moves here and there.  Is it just me or does wearing a dress make you want to do pirouettes?
-jillian m.

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

At July 18, 2011 at 8:18 AM , Blogger colleen said...

i feel like we share a deep love for gnocchi. i also would have loved to see that dog with sunglasses and a visor on!

 
At July 18, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Blogger yours truly, melissa said...

Oh big city life, I crave it every now & then! Your weekend sounds like it was fantastic! And the gnocchi looks tasty.

 
At July 18, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

We love people watching! I always wish I had a camera with me to take pictures of the funny things we see. And that looks like a delicious meal you had!

 
At July 18, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Such fun pictures!! All the food looks so amazing..and of course I love your soft pink nails! You cant go wrong with pink nails :)

 
At July 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh goodness I'm such a people watcher too! I'm so in love with that shirt/dress Your wearing!!

 
At July 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Sam W. said...

totally with you on the need for ballet moves!! i'm in a twirly dress today and i think i should have worn more modest undies :)

 
At July 18, 2011 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Ana Degenaar said...

I love these photos and love your dress too!

 
At July 18, 2011 at 5:54 PM , Blogger AC said...

Your 4 course meal sounds divine and the cooly decked out doggie sounds so funny.I'm moving to Paris in September, so anticipating all the delicious food I shall be eating,besides stuffing my face with baguettes.

 
At July 18, 2011 at 6:32 PM , Anonymous Erin Lian said...

Oh my your life sounds so chic I am jealous!
<3

 
At July 18, 2011 at 6:52 PM , Anonymous kankana said...

Those pictures of food is making me hungry. Clearly you had loads of fun and that pink nail polish ..niceee :)

 
At July 18, 2011 at 11:19 PM , Blogger Dana Fox said...

love your top, and the nailpolish! i would have loved to see the doggie too haha
xo dana
thewonderforest.com

 
At July 19, 2011 at 12:24 AM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

What a gorgeous, delicious weekend! If only it was 5 days of coffee and eating and 2 days of work!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 1:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

chocolate mousse & shell pink polish.. that's a lovely cosmopolitan combination :]

 
At July 20, 2011 at 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like an amazing weekend!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Alissa Anne said...

That restaurant looks wonderful! And such a cute dress. I've definitely been known to wear a new outfit a couple days in a row. It's nice to feel especially pretty!

 
At July 25, 2011 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Janey R. said...

love your dress, & your pink nails are soooo perfectly girly! =D

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home