This Page

has been moved to new address

adventures in weekending: flea bargains and my first day at the beach this year

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: adventures in weekending: flea bargains and my first day at the beach this year

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

adventures in weekending: flea bargains and my first day at the beach this year

First, an early morning stop at the flea market in Englishtown, NJ, where I picked up Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (for only 99 cents!), a super-cute tube top and summer fruits.

This is the most massive flea market I've seen. Row after row after row of kitschy trinkets, '80s toys, cheap clothes and even some collectible swords!  It's nearly impossible to see everything in one day (although the oppressive heat might have taken a role in our exhaustion).


Later, Bob and I went to my favorite beach spot within driving distance, Point Pleasant, for a sunset dinner, laying out and a competitive game of rooftop mini-golf (just wait until you see me play air hockey--I turn into a frat boy).


Freshly-made fish 'n chips is one of my favorite comfort foods.

Bob trying to fight off the beach flies (with my shoe). Those things sting like crazy!

Mini golf is a game I'm sure to lose.  But that doesn't stop me from trying, even if it does take a hole-in-7!

How's your week going so far?  I have this feeling that it's going to fly by...probably because I have a work deadline that I'm struggling to keep!

-jillian m.

Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

At July 12, 2011 at 7:55 AM , Blogger colleen said...

that all looks very fun. i hope the week flies by - and good luck with your deadline!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Ana Degenaar said...

That plate holds all the comfort I need right now. I loved this post, I live right in front of the beach and never visit. I'm such a dork.

 
At July 12, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Ana Degenaar said...

That plate holds all the comfort I need right now. I loved this post, I live right in front of the beach and never visit. I'm such a dork.

 
At July 12, 2011 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Sam W. said...

oh i just love fish n chips!! yum.

 
At July 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Anonymous faye said...

Looks like a fun time was had :) Dam i just missed out on being your 100th follower :/

 
At July 12, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

Colleen - Thanks for the luck. I'll surely need it!

Faye - 101 is just as good, haha!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Anait said...

I love flea markets! And days spent by the beach....and your nail polish :) Happy Monday!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 9:48 AM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

I love this post! The flea market looks amazing!! And the pictures of the beach are making me want to go back already!!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 2:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too cute!!! I totally turn into a beast when it comes to air hockey too, lol. I was notorious for it in h.s.! bahahaha...I also had my first day at the beach this week, it was amazing :).

 
At July 12, 2011 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Aquí said...

Those sand flies are evil!!! In Brazil, they would jump on to your feet and hang on for dear life.
Bob is hilarious beating them off with your shoe!!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Mmmm fish and chips and the beach sounds perfect!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 7:20 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

Oh, Point Pleasant-how I miss it! Your weekend looks absolutely wonderful!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 8:07 PM , Anonymous emily said...

that picture of the shore is gorgeous!

my week's been going fantastic b/c i'm vacationing, but it's always nice to find ways to staycation at home ,too :]

 
At July 12, 2011 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Kaylia Payne said...

It looks so fun! Fish and chips are my favourite comfort food too :) Good luck with the deadline!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 10:03 PM , Blogger April said...

Love your orange toes!! That flea market looks so fun! And the beach!!! I haven't been to the beach in soooooo long, since I was in Italy - over two years.

 
At July 13, 2011 at 2:26 AM , Blogger Alissa Anne said...

I have the same shade of orange polish on my toes now too! So summery, I love it.

 
At July 13, 2011 at 5:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i could roam in such flea markets all day. i love the contrast of the last market photo and the first beach one.

i had fish n chips yesterday, lovely with tartare sauce,

 
At July 13, 2011 at 6:01 AM , Blogger Hanz, Fashionista Era Design said...

fun pictrures!!

cheers
hanz

http://fashionistaera.blogspot.com

 
At July 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Anonymous LolaDee said...

Looks like soo much fun. I've got orange toenails at the moment too haha snap!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 3:35 PM , Blogger DailyGlamour said...

love your blog !come to mine
Xx

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home