This Page

has been moved to new address

2 small steps to organization in 5 minutes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: 2 small steps to organization in 5 minutes

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2 small steps to organization in 5 minutes

I am embarking on a project to simplify my life. But right now, I don't have the time to do a major clean or sift through countless files in my computer. So until I do, I'm taking it day by day.  That is, I am taking a few minutes out of each day to complete a task or two that gets me closer to a simpler, cleaner, more organized life. 


Task 1: Delete at least 100 photos from my hard drive. 
I actually ended up deleting over 300 photos from my computer! I knew these wouldn't be missed. I was right--I can't even remember which ones I trashed. Much to my surprise, this was easier than I thought. And it only took me about 3 minutes to do.



Task 2: Recycle/donate the books I will never read.
Luckily, these were freebies I received from a previous job, so I'm not losing any money or value on them. Don't really know why I took them in the first place (because they were free?).  They've just been collecting dust on my bookshelf. To the local library, these will go!

Tomorrow, I delete at least 100 more photos.

Baby steps to clutter-free. I can feel the weight lifting off my shoulders already.

-jillian m.

Labels:

17 Comments:

At August 10, 2011 at 7:40 AM , Blogger onesixthreechirp said...

I have some books that I have read but now it is arranged on my bookshelf.May be I should donate it to the library too. :)
Great post :)

 
At August 10, 2011 at 8:11 AM , Blogger E Broadus Gregory said...

I definitely need to delete some photos from my computer. I was able to get rid of clutter last year when we moved into our new home. Totally freeing! Great post.....

 
At August 10, 2011 at 8:14 AM , Blogger E Broadus Gregory said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am a new follower!!

 
At August 10, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Blogger A said...

I feel so accomplished when I take care of some of these simple tasks. I need to donate some clothing soooo badly right now. I have bags in my closet.

 
At August 10, 2011 at 10:43 AM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

I love baby steps to a more organized life! I usually go crazy and tackle some huge project to get more organized. I need to do more of these little things.

 
At August 10, 2011 at 11:57 AM , Anonymous Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

Great tips!

I'm a regular deleter; makes my husband a bit crazy! And I'm about to do a book clean out, as soon as our built-in bookshelf is installed.

 
At August 10, 2011 at 1:12 PM , Blogger Sam W. said...

i love doing a little computer organization/cleansing!! yay for being organized :)
Sam @ fitness food & faith (giveaway today!)

 
At August 10, 2011 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Alissa Anne said...

Good for you! Getting rid of clutter feels SO GOOD. Keep us updated on what else you do, I'd love the ideas.

 
At August 10, 2011 at 1:39 PM , Blogger My Fashion Dolly said...

Wow, this a very simple way to declutter. I'm definitely gonna try it. I want a more zen life. Thanks for sharing. ツ

Xoxo,
Rocio R.
http://myfashiondolly.blogspot.com

 
At August 10, 2011 at 3:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is JUST WHAT I NEED TO DO. Doing these small tasks every few minutes also prevents feeling completely overwhelmed. Great tip that I will have to apply myself.

 
At August 10, 2011 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

I love hitting delete when I actually mean to. Hope all is lovely lady! xo.

 
At August 10, 2011 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Deleting files...I rreaeelllyyy need to do that.

 
At August 10, 2011 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Suzzie Vehrs said...

sad it is always so hard to delete photos. Even if they aren't very good.

 
At August 10, 2011 at 7:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just move all my files to a hard drive - and my hard drive has become that closet that you don't ever want anyone to enter (if you get this reference - think about that time chandler found monica's locked closet on friends)

 
At August 10, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

This is such genius advice-even just a light clean can make such a different, whether it's your computer, your bookshelves or your head!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 4:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

excellent!

i embarked on this voyage last year -little steps often, to simplifying. i cleaned up my rss reader and following, as well as pc files. it really is freeing.

 
At August 20, 2011 at 8:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally need like 20 more steps to get organized in my home! lol, le sigh. sooooooooo good to meet you jillian!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home