This Page

has been moved to new address

why last night was a good night

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: why last night was a good night

Thursday, August 11, 2011

why last night was a good night

Because Glamour, Time Out NY and Sephora's Beauty Report arrived in the mailbox. They patiently waited for me to get home so that I can read (or rather, devour) their lovely glossy pages.



I read Glamour while I chowed down on a creamy tortellini dinner. 
And this is what I learned:

1. Stripes are here to stay. As a loving owner of many striped items, I say here here!
2. I break all of the "4 work habits that are making you sick".
3. How to make a 2-step dessert that tastes and looks indulgent without much effort.
4. Selena Gomez is just about the cutest thing ever.
5. I will never own all those fabulous clothes. Sigh.

By the way, who else loves to read and eat at the same time? I've been asked how I could possibly enjoy my food while reading. And I always say reading a magazine makes my meal more enjoyable. Can't really pinpoint why that is (maybe it's because I'm doing two things I love at the same time?).

-jillian m.

Labels: ,

28 Comments:

At August 11, 2011 at 7:35 AM , Blogger onesixthreechirp said...

The food seem yummy ! :)

 
At August 11, 2011 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Jane said...

Glad to hear about the stripes! And I eat + read at the same time as well, I think it makes both those things more fun.

 
At August 11, 2011 at 7:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read and eat at lunch everyday.....and yay stripes! i have loads of striped shirts....don't know how or when it happened, but i am glad they aren't going!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 8:04 AM , Anonymous faye (All These Pretty Things) said...

I love to read mags and eat a lovely home cooked meal at the same time - your not the only one :)

 
At August 11, 2011 at 8:11 AM , Blogger thobeka said...

bought myself a copy of womens health last and read that while snacking away :) it's the best way to read!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! I read and eat all the time!!! (and in the office I eat and read on the internet...he he he).
So this easy recipe Glamour had is it worthy?? :P
Don't worry about the clothes dear...we can always dream! I read Vogue religiously, which is even worse, because there are no budget clothes in there!!!!
Anna

 
At August 11, 2011 at 9:50 AM , Blogger hellotampon said...

I read and eat at the same time too. I know it's bad for you, and I've tried to eat "mindfully" and focus on my food, but I feel compelled to multi-task all the time.

 
At August 11, 2011 at 9:50 AM , Blogger colleen said...

i love reading a good fashion magazine. i usually go with lucky, but it's such a nice way to spend an hour or two.

 
At August 11, 2011 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Sam W. said...

YEAH for stripes!! i couldn't give up wearing them yet :)

Sam @ fitness food & faith

 
At August 11, 2011 at 10:12 AM , Blogger yours truly, melissa said...

I'm a fan of stripes too so I'm glad they're here to stay! :) That dinner looks tasty! Did you make it yourself?

 
At August 11, 2011 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

Mmm..do you have the recipe for that tortellini?

I like reading and eating...but only magazines. Things that I have to think about (like actual books) are too distracting. :)

 
At August 11, 2011 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Punctuation Mark said...

i love that time when your mags arrive!!!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

WOO HOO! I also love when my favorite magazines arrive in the mail..I do a little happy each time :)

 
At August 11, 2011 at 11:09 AM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

I love reading and eating! I don't do it anymore because it'd be rude to my husband but in college I read and ate almost every meal!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 11:12 AM , Anonymous Gloria said...

I love peering into my mailbox and seeing a shiny new magazine waiting for me :-) That tortellini looks yummy!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Katie said...

I am obsessed with magazines on an embarrassing level. Can't for mine to come, I love to read them in the bathtub! xo

 
At August 11, 2011 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Aquí said...

Love this list! I'm so ok with the stripe thing! I also enjoy to eat and read. Who can complain with tortellini and glamour?

 
At August 11, 2011 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Reading & eating are so relaxing!! :D I love your photos, btw. What kind of camera do you use??

 
At August 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM , Blogger PhotoPuddle said...

I like reading magazines and eating at the same time. And hooray that stripes are here to stay!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Gorgeous Glam said...

ooh I need to go check my mailbox tonight too!! I hope my sept mags are rolling in ;) xo

 
At August 11, 2011 at 5:27 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

Too funny-I find that I don't do anything else when I read, even if I wish I could! I'm so glad to hear that stripes are here to stay!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 6:57 PM , Blogger jennifer said...

Just another reason why we're soul mates. I too love to eat and read

 
At August 12, 2011 at 12:08 AM , Blogger April said...

I love reading a good magazine! There's something peaceful about it

 
At August 12, 2011 at 6:11 AM , Blogger Eleanor at Mirror Of My World said...

magazines are fab i love glamour and your meal looks delicious xxxx

 
At August 12, 2011 at 7:17 AM , Anonymous Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

I love it when the bf goes out and I can sit at the table and read my glossys with a glass of wine and dinner. I am curious to know what the 4 work habits that make you sick are??

 
At August 14, 2011 at 10:32 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

Anna - The dessert is a ginger lemon ice cream sandwich. It sounds very elaborate, but it's basically lemon sorbet sandwiched between two thing ginger cookies. How easy is that?! And it sounds so yummy too! I really want to try it.

Melissa - Ha! I wish. It was takeout from a local pizzeria.

Hannah - I didn't make it myself, but I did find a recipe that you might be interested in: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/tortellini-with-peas-and-prosciutto-recipe/index.html

Meghan - They are 1.) showing up sick, 2.) sitting all day, 3.) eating at your desk, 4.) being too plugged in to technology. I am so guilty of all these thing when I'm at work! As I'm sure many many people are!

 
At August 15, 2011 at 6:02 AM , Anonymous Erin Lian said...

I love eating my lunch and reading magazine at work!!!! I know exactly what you mean, it makes me feel v cosmopolitan :P
<3

 
At August 18, 2011 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Strips are staying?! Phew! I own only about 700 striped things. It's getting out of control.

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home