This Page

has been moved to new address

quick and easy apple crisp for one

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
coffee, light & sweet: quick and easy apple crisp for one

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

quick and easy apple crisp for one


I like apples, I do. But I've always preferred them in something. As in, apple tarts, apple cider doughnuts, apple juice...things like that.

And so, on Sunday I picked up a few of the most fragrant Gala apples at the market and made a simple crisp with one of them. I liked the idea of changing up the traditional apple crisp recipe just a tad, so I incorporated more whole-wheat flour, more cinnamon and a little less sugar. The outcome was just as sweet and delicious as ever. I loved it. And it suited a brisk and breezy Sunday afternoon just fine.



Quick and Easy Apple Crisp
serves 1 greedy person or 2 people with a hankering for a small snack

*Measurements are approximate.


1-2 Gala apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 and 3/4 tablespoons of whole-wheat flour
1 and 1/3 tablespoons of white flour
1 and 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar (or to your liking)
2 and 1/3 tablespoons quick oats
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 teaspoons cinnamon (or to your liking)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix the peeled and sliced apples with the vanilla extract, 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (including the remaining amount of the brown sugar and cinnamon) together until thick crumbs start to form.
In a small baking dish or heat-safe ramekins, place the apples and the crumbly mixture on top.
Place in oven for 25 to 30 minutes.


And whoever decided to pair warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream is an effing genius.


-jillian m.

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At October 18, 2011 at 8:03 AM , Blogger colleen said...

apple crisp for one?! yes please. and the vanialla ice cream is obviously a must.

 
At October 18, 2011 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

great quick idea. i like them in ramekins. and galas cooked well? great.

 
At October 18, 2011 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Sam W. said...

gaaahh...so yum! would it be too sinful to make one for breakfast?!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Cara said...

This is genius, as I love apple crisp and my husband won't touch it. I know what I'm going to be eating later this week! Thanks for sharing the recipe and enticing photos!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Anya Rudn said...

This looks amazing.. Thanks for sharing!
~Anya

 
At October 18, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

Mmmm I like the way you think. This looks so yummy and warm. Can't wait to try it.

 
At October 18, 2011 at 12:37 PM , Blogger A Crimson Kiss said...

This is so clever, and sounds absolutely delicious!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Ashleigh said...

Um, amay-zing. I'm so pinning this :)

 
At October 18, 2011 at 5:06 PM , Blogger sherri lynn said...

I like apples in something better, also. The shot of the two apples is gorgeous!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

YUMMMMM.

 
At October 18, 2011 at 11:30 PM , Blogger Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

This would definitely feed just one greedy person (ME). YUM. YUM. YUM!! xo

 
At October 18, 2011 at 11:53 PM , Anonymous jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said...

now this looks amazingly delicious!! the idea of warm apple mixed with vanilla ice cream is mouthwatering!

 
At October 19, 2011 at 1:49 AM , Anonymous kristina@beancakes ★ said...

you said it right jillian! vanilla ice-cream just makes it all the more special! this recipe looks SO good!! and i love how you wrote serves 1 greedy person ~ ha!! {that would be me!} ;) ;)
xoxo ~ kristina

 
At October 19, 2011 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

Ummmm, Delicious!!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!! :)

 
At October 20, 2011 at 2:49 PM , Blogger Chelle Lynn said...

Gala apples are my favorite! There is nothing more cozy than warm, spicy apples and chilled cream. :)

 
At October 21, 2011 at 12:23 PM , Anonymous Meta Musings said...

this looks divine!! have a great weekend!

xx

 
At October 23, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Euniece Santiago said...

oh this looks absolutely fantastic! just the thing that i want to finish off my weekend with!! thanks for the post!

 

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate and love reading your comments! And I always do my best to respond (so if you're not subscribed to the comment thread, check back if you feel so inclined).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home